AISL Scholarship Program
The American International School (AISL) Merit-Based Scholarship Program is designed to provide highly capable and motivated Zambian students, who have significant financial need, with an opportunity to attend AISL for 3 years (Gr. 10-12) and earn an American High School Diploma and the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma. AISL scholarship students will be expected perform at a very high level academically and to participate in a robust extra-curricular program. AISL will provide scholarship students with support in the form of a pastoral care/mentorship program and college/university admissions guidance and support for universities overseas and in Zambia.
The overall aim of the AISL Scholarship Program is as follows:
- To extend the opportunity for an international education to highly capable and motivated Zambian students who have significant financial needs.
- To develop and prepare exceptional Zambian students for future leadership positions within Zambia.
AISL expects to offer a full three-year scholarship to two outstanding students to join Grade 10 in August 2016. To qualify for the scholarship, a student must:
- be a Zambian citizen;
- be an outstanding student who is expecting to achieve excellent results on the Gr. 9 Junior Secondary School Leaving Examinations (JSSLE) or equivalent.
- be able to show evidence of leadership and a commitment to the arts, sports, and/or community service;
- be a resident of Lusaka or have a home in which to reside in Lusaka;
- be able to demonstrate significant financial need;
- have been born between August 31, 1998 and September 1, 2000
AISL Campus Open House
Talented and motivated Zambian students who meet the above-stated criteria are invited to attend an Open House hosted by AISL on Friday, December 4th from 8h00-12h00. The purpose of the Open House is to showcase the AISL campus and educational program as well as provide detailed information about the AISL scholarship application process. AISL will provide transport from Crossroads.
If you wish to attend the Open House, please register by providing the following information in an email addressed to email@example.com
- Name (first name and last name)
- Cell Phone #
The registration deadline is Monday, November 23.
Once registered, AISL will contact you and provide additional information about transport and the Open House.
Female students are strongly encouraged to apply.