CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Zambian nationals that meet the minimum requirements outlined here below to contest for 24 scholarships under the Chinese Government Scholarship scheme for 2017/2018 academic year.
Scholarships available are: One (1) PhD and three (03) Masters in any science related field and Twenty (20) undergraduates in the following fields of study: Agriculture, Biomedical engineering, Civil engineering, Architecture, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy and Economics.
Applicants should be Zambian citizens with Green National Registration Cards (NRC)
- Should be School Leavers who completed Grade 12 in 2015 and 2016
- Have Grades 1-3 in English, Mathematics and subjects relevant to the intended field of study
- Be of maximum age 24 years by September 2017
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree and be of maximum age 34 years by September 2017
CONDITIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP:
- Candidates should meet own cost towards expenses to and from the airport and any short fall not adequately covered by the scholarship.
This is dependent on the programme to be pursued, however, all include 1 year of Chinese language (5 to 7 years for undergraduates; 2 to 3 for Masters and PhD).
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit:
- A typed application letter responding to the advert, clearly stating the field of study desired, age and mobile phone number for easy communication;
- Curriculum Vitae. Certified Photocopies of Educational Certificates.
- Transcript/Statement of results, NRC, eight (8) colour passport size photos and colour photo copy of pages 2 and 3 of the passport:
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit consent letters from their parents/guardians;
- One Letter of Recommendation from former secondary school (undergraduate)
- Two Letters of Recommendation from Professors or Associate Professors (Masters and PhD)
- A study plan or synopsis of summarized details of the preferred course and how the intended course of study will enhance one’s contribution to Zambia’s development (200 words for undergraduates and 800 words for Masters and PhD applicants)
- Employers’ Recommendation letters stating that they would be granted leave to take up offers if selected (for Masters and PhD).
It is a requirement by the host country that all nominated candidates undergo comprehensive medical examinations including the HIV Test.
Nominated candidates must note that last-minute withdrawals will attract serious sanctions from the Loans Board which may include being blacklisted.
Applications should be addressed to:
Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
PO Box 50464
Hand delivered to:
Room 21 (Registry)
Maxwell House, Annex Building
Los Angeles Boulevard, Longacres
Closing Date: Friday 24th February 2017
For any clarification, contact us on telephone: +260-211-250726, Lusaka.
i. Only short listed candidates will he contacted. Any applicant who would not hear from us by Friday 21st April 2017 should consider his/her application as unsuccessful.
ii. Students currently on Government sponsorship at UNZA, CBU or abroad are not eligible and therefore should not apply.
iii. Applicants should apply in only one field of study.
Ireen Nayame Chirwa (Mrs)
Interim Director – Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION