What is Customer Service?
Customer Service professionals provide information, advice and support to customers. They are responsible for resolving customer problems in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Customer Service Advisor
- Customer Care Manager
- Customer Relationship Manager
- Retail Assistant
- Deputy Retail Manager
What skills do you need to work in Customer Service?
- Polite, friendly and customer focused
- Excellent communication skills
- IT literate with experience of using databases
Where do Customer Service professionals work?
Customer Service professionals work in both the public and private sector. Employers include: government agencies, banks, retailers, utility providers, educational institutions and such like.
Typical work activities
- Responding to customer and client enquiries by email and telephone
- Inputting sales information
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records
- Resolving customer enquiries and problems
- Producing sales reports
Find out more
Watch & Listen