What is Dentistry?
Dentistry professionals are health care professionals responsible for providing treatment and advice in relation to problems effecting teeth and the mouth.
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Nurse
- Dental Hygienist
What skills do you need to work as a Dentist?
- Scientific knowledge and interest in human anatomy
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye co-ordination
- Good customer service and people skills
- First-rate time management and organisational skills
Where do Dentists work?
Dentists work in both the public and private sectors. Dentists can pursue careers in many different ways including: Family practice, Hospital dentistry, Community dentistry and Armed forces dentistry.
Typical Work Activities
- Restoration (fillings, crowns)
- Creating dental impressions and moulds
- Advising on dental hygiene
- Correcting irregularities of the teeth and jaw
Find out more