What is Health & Safety?
Health and Safety involves advising on and ensuring the health and well-being of employees.
- Health and Safety Inspector
- Health and Safety Officer
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Safety Advisor
What skills do you need to work in Health and Safety?
- Commitment to health and safety
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand health and safety laws
- Computer literacy
Where do Health and Safety professionals work?
Health and Safety professionals work in both the public and private sectors. Employers include large manufacturing and mining organisations as well as small businesses.
Typical work activities
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Developing health and safety strategies
- Project managing health and safety initiatives
- Keeping health and safety records
- Recording accidents in the workplace
- Producing management reports and advising on health and safety policy
Find out more
Watch & Listen