What is Human Resources?
Human Resource (HR) professionals assist and advice in relation to a number of workforce related issues.
- HR Officer
- Learning & Development Manager
- Rewards and Resourcing Manager
- Employment Law Advisor
- HR Business Partner
What skills do you need to work in Human Resources?
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Understanding of human resource legislation
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation
- First-rate communication and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Computer literacy
Where do Human Resource professionals work?
Human Resource Officers work in both the public and provide sector. They can be found in most organisations who employ a number of employees. Employers include central and local government as well as private companies, charities and other organisations.
Typical work activities
- Developing job specifications and managing recruitment campaigns
- Preparing learning and development activities
- Advising management in relation to pay, performance and rewards
- Providing employment law advice to company management
- Managing disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Negotiating with employees and employee representatives
Find out more
Watch & Listen