Magetsi Engineering & Construction Limited seeks to appoint an Accountant. The successful candidate will report to the Director.
The Accountant position is responsible for the administrative and financial management operations of the company.
- Liaise with the banks to ensure that Bank statements are received timely for reconciliation purposes.
- Perform and review Bank reconciliations
- Preparing and posting of JVS and other transactions
- Preparing and Review of payroll and reconciliation with Control Accounts including attending to quarries
- Conducting random cash counts and checking petty cash reconciliations
- Ensuring Statutory Return figures are computed accurately, filed and forward payment timeously.
- Perform group, credit and individual general ledger reconciliations on monthly basis
- Perform Suspense Ledger Account reconciliation on monthly basis
- Produce error free accounts accounting reports and present their results
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Complete external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts, providing information to auditors
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, resolving discrepancies
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts
- Ensuring that staff debtors receipts are processed timeously.
- Staff travel management for the company.
- Maintaining vendor details for master data records
- Maintaining an updated, complete and accurate corporate ledger and take overall responsibility for the general ledger.
- Maintain separate accounts for clients and ensure that all costs are accounted for.
- Performing ad-hoc duties as and when requested to do so.
- Completed ZICA/CIMA/ACCA Level 2 or similar qualifications
- Tax knowledge, including VAT and withholding tax
- Advanced computer literacy