Right to Care
Right to Care has the following vacancy and encourages suitably qualified candidates to apply.
Position: Administrative Assistant – EQUIP Zambia
Reporting to: Finance and Administration Manager
Purpose of the job: To develop detailed work-plan and time-line for office set-up, provide general office administrative and operational set-up support in ensuring the smooth set up and functioning of the office.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Computer literacy, including all MS Office programmes; Access would be advantageous
- 3 years’ experience in administrative position
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS will be an added advantage
Key Performance Areas Amongst others include:
- Perform general Secretarial/Administrative tasks
- Develop and maintain a database of potential vendors and suppliers of equipment, supplies and services
- Assist in development of procurement systems and procedures as per USAID guidelines
- Assist in the organizing of logistical support requirements for conferences, site visits, workshops, and accommodation to ensure smooth delivery of program activities.
- Set up interviews and send invites to all shortlisted candidates
- Set up appointments, meetings, and sending out of emails as per instruction
- Operate switchboard
- Assist in filing of employee documents and make sure that all documents are available for audit purposes
- Monitor the provision of contracted services such as security, garbage collection etc. to ensure services are fulfilled in accordance to contractual obligations
- Develop an Asset Register to ensure that all purchased items are accounted for and branded with acceptable identification numbers as per USAID guidelines
- Monitor general cleanliness of offices and surrounding areas to ensure good work environment.
- Develop office filing system, organize and store paperwork, documents and computer-based information
- Develop and maintain database of all key contacts at MoH, USAID, and partners (client relationship database)
- Administer office accounts for utilities (electricity and water) and telephone
- Manage the inventory of office supplies and refreshments
- Field and screen calls meeting and event arrangement
- Manage calendars, schedule meetings and coordinate with external contacts on behalf of senior managers
- Keep diaries and arrange appointments for senior staff;
- Serve as a liaison between travel agent, travel staff in Head Office and staff based in the home office.
- Sort and distribute incoming post/ courier services and organizing and sending outgoing post/ courier;
- Submit travel stubs, expense claims for senior staff to Head Office
- General office and facility set up, security and maintenance
- Coordinate vehicle maintenance and allocate drivers for travel
- Coordinate international and local travel arrangements
- Provide administrative support for landlord/tenant relations, as well as accounts payable functions thereof.
- Coordinate travel for staff.
- Make travel & accommodation arrangements for senior staff
Technical and Behavioral Competencies:
- Attention to Detail, Accuracy
- Planning and organizing skills
- Problem solving Skills
- Good people/interpersonal skills
Interested applicants must submit their CV, Qualifications, ID Copy, letter of motivation and 3 professional references, stating full name of referee, relationship, email address and contact telephone numbers by: 17 March 2017.
This also confirms that by applying for the above-mentioned position you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, Criminal and Reference checks which is part of our recruitment process.
Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful, we nonetheless want to thank you for your interest shown in our organization. Right to Care web-site: www.righttocare.org