Job Title: Administrator – Systems & Administration
Location: Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Coordinator – Systems & Administration
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Administrator – Systems & Administration
Reporting to the Coordinator – Systems and Administration, you will be responsible for assisting Learning and Development team in technical issues throughout the BCBED implementation and ongoing maintenance. Furthermore, support operations teams in executing, testing and rolling out solutions in Oracle Competency module and ETAMS and ensure smooth transition of training records and management. In addition, offer full range of administrative support such as following up on STAs, verifying completion and sign off, input in Oracle system, ensuring close out actions and maintaining training records in confidential manner.
Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
Training Systems (Oracle & Employee Training & Assessment Management System (ETAMS)
- Oversee all correspondence, data and information for other sections or departments
- Provide technical and administrative assistance to the department staff, maintenance and management
- Research and recommend innovative approaches to systems and administration tasks. Suggest opportunities to leverage resources within the department and provide economies of scale.
- Responsible for a fully functional Oracle Competency Module and ETAMS and update information for planning, reporting, and recommending Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Develop training plans, calendars, and flow charts for improving work processes
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Oversee daily office administrative operations; provides leadership and works with assigned departmental administrative staff to create and retain a high performance, customer service-oriented work environment.
- Oversee and maintain training records of employees both electronically and hard copies in compliance with company procedures.
- Handle logistics for training activities including venues and equipment
- Maintain training records of employees both electronically and hard copies in compliance with company procedures
- Identify and resolve problems and opportunities to improve departmental operational processes and procedures
- Collect, categorize, analyze and evaluate information on departments training needs and competency requirements; assesses relevance of current training programs and course content in meeting company’s strategic goals and initiatives; identifies and resolves operating problems.
- Coordinate offsite training activities for employees.
- Complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods including classroom, virtual training, on-the-job coaching.
- Facilitate supervisors trainings and other soft skills trainings
- Provide feedback to programme participants and management.
- Establish and maintain highly effective professional working relationships with managers, employees, vendors and others encountered in the course of the work.
- Provide direction and guidance on Training and assessment related matters
- Prepare clear, concise and accurate training reports, correspondence, analytical studies and other written materials
To be considered for the position, the applicant must have the following qualifications, experience, skills and attributes:
- Diploma in Social Sciences/Information Technology or Business Related field
- Certification in Training and Assessment / Certificate IV/Teaching Methodology
- Minimum of four years’ experience within mining industry in a site-based Systems /Administration role.
- Experience in Human Resource Information Systems such as Oracle
- Prior experience in managing administration and systems in a training function will be an added advantage
- Strong background in Human Resources Management, Administration or Training and general business acumen
- High level of problem solving, influencing and analytical skills
- Sound knowledge of contemporary Administration and Training Practice and compliance
- Computer literate, with a high level of Microsoft Office skills
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.barrick.com/jobs/administrator-systems-administration-915 →