NKWAZI COOPERATIVE SAVINGS AND CREDIT SOCIETY LTD
About the Organization Nkwazi Cooperative Savings and Credit Soc
About the Organization
Nkwazi Cooperative Savings and Credit Society Limited (The Cooperative) was established to promote and upgrade the standards of living for its members and improve their livelihoods economically and socially. The Cooperative seeks to hire a suitably qualified and experienced professional to the position of Administrator.
General Function of the Position
The incumbent’s principal tasks are planning, reporting to the board of directors, maintaining good organizational relations, and controlling the cooperative’s operations. S/he supervises and coordinates, under board direction, the business activities of the co-op by managing the people, capital, and physical resources. The incumbent oversees the detailed operations of the cooperative, within the policies established by the board of directors.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Supervising the performance of accounting functions and maintaining up-to-date records of the Cooperative with quarterly management accounts;
2) Supervising the performance of, and reviewing monthly bank reconciliations which should be submitted to the Executive Committee of the Board by the 10th of the following month for their approval;
3) Providing monthly statements to all Nkwazi members showing their contributions and loans;
4) Supervising the preparation of, and review payment vouchers for all obligations duly owed by the Cooperative such as rentals, water and electricity bills, wages, insurance, taxes and others;
5) Following up on all monies owed to the Cooperative and ensuring collections are made promptly;
6) Safeguarding and maintaining records of all the assets of the Cooperative;
7) Supervising other Cooperative staff and ensuring they perform their designated duties as expected. The Administrator will set work objectives and conduct performance evaluations at least once annually;
8) Ensure banking of Co-operative’s deposits and repayments;
9) Submission of the Co-operative payroll tax returns to the Zambia Revenue Authority and Social security contributions returns to National Pension Scheme Authority;
10) Making proposals about possible investment opportunities for the Cooperative to the Board of Directors;
11) Making submissions to the Board of Directors about the performance of the Cooperative as requested;
12) Providing designated board members periodic reports and statements to help with management decision making;
13) Reviewing loan applications before passing them to the Credit Committee for approval;
14) Reviewing of payment vouchers for all approved loan applications;
15) Working with Cooperative’s Auditors, Ministry of Cooperative officials, banks and other stakeholders and provide the necessary information;
16) Up-to-date maintenance of the Nkwazi Cooperative website; and
17) Perform other functions as required by the Board of Directors through the designated supervisor;
Education and Professional Qualification
- Successful completion of a professional accounting program like CIMA, ACCA and ZICA or a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting and membership of relevant professional body is required.
- 2 – 3 years relevant work experience as a Cooperative Administrator, Administration Officer/Manager and/or Accountant/Finance Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Well rounded knowledge of accounting and associated techniques
- Scrupulous honesty with a good attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent people management and networking skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite with bias towards excel and specific accounting programs
Send your CV, with details of 3 contactable referees, to the following address by Wednesday 18th January, 2017: [email protected]
Physical copies of applications can be dropped off at the Cooperative offices located at No. 9, Kapumpe Street, Off Yotam Muleya Road, Prospect Hill in Lusaka.
Please do not send scanned copies of qualifications at this time. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.