Requisition Number: 498436
Contract Type: Fixed Term
This holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function. The successful candidate will be comprehensively trained in the process of Conveyor Belt Hot Splicing (Vulcanising).
- Safe Transportation of Conveyor Belts up to 15tons
- Safely pull conveyors into position
- Changeout of worn conveyor belts.
- Identifying and implementing Improvements in the Process Plant
- Conveyor Belt hot splicing and repairs
- Mechanical maintenance of conveyor systems, rollers, tracking frames, scrapers and plows.
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
- Artisan Rigging Certificate
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in mine site rigging, preferable transportation of large rolls of conveyor belts
- Must have extensive knowledge of mechanical conveyor systems including drives and gearboxes, drive pulleys, tracking frames and bend pulleys.
- Hot Splicing Vulcanizing of conveyor belts (desirable)
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance with a hands on approach, dynamic, drive
- Standby work required
- Overtime when necessary
- Exposure to dust, heat, noise and chemicals
- PC Literacy
Applications close: 21 Feb 2017 FLE Standard Time