Position: Community Development Worker (3)
Location: Mumbwa & Kaindu
Purpose of the position
Responsible for the implementation of all program activities within a Zone of the Area Programme (AP) in order to ensure all activities are significantly impacting the wellbeing of children.
Program Management and Reporting
- Implement and monitor developmental activities in the respective zone
- Organize child friendly and age appropriate activities that will promote the participation of children.
- Work with faith based organizations to implement activities that impact the spiritual nurture of children.
Networking, Collaboration and Liaison
- Ensure that the Community – including children – participates in all zone activities through existing community structures.
- Facilitates community engagement and networking on all Technical Programmes implemented in the Zone.
- Facilitates local level advocacy to address issues that affect the wellbeing of children.
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- Track and report on the implementation of various Technical Programme activities.
- Share quality impact stories, photos and videos with stakeholders.
- Ensure that registered children are present, participating and are among the primary beneficiaries of the Area Programme activities
- Work with faith based organizations to implement activities that impact in the spiritual nurturing of children.
- Ensure that all the sponsorship key performance indicators (KPIs) are met.
- Update, document and secure accurate Registered Children’s records according to Child sponsorship Standards.
Community Mobilization and Engagement
- Mobilize community members and ensure that they participate in project activities
- Explain the Organization’s Mission Statement, Core Values and Vision to the community for the shared understanding.
- Organize and manage community meetings for the purpose of disseminating information for effective implementation of programme activities.
- Host sponsors, donors and other visitors at the Zonal level for project monitoring and exchange of ideas.
- Mature and committed Christian, with strong integrity.
- Ability to demonstrate community development skills.
- Good Monitoring and report writing skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to meet strict deadlines.
- Competency in photography is an added advantage
- Must be able to ride a motorbike – critical
- Must be resident or willing to live within the Area Programme
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Diploma in Social Work or any other relevant field; a Degree is an added advantage.
- Basic Computer skills in Ms. Office applications
- Adaptive and willing to work in a rural set up.
- Must have good interpersonal relations.
- Must have an understanding of World Vision mission, vision and core values.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: 90% Field-based and 10% Office
- Travel: 10% Domestic travel is required.
- On call: Preparedness to work outside normal working hours