GEMCANTON INVESTMENTS HOLDINGS LIMITED
A well-established Mining Company seeks to employ four (4) highly motivated individuals and self-starters in the Company’s Canteen, as Cooks. Gemcanton Investments Holdings Limited operates an emerald mine situated in Pilala Area of Lufwanyama Emerald Restricted Area in Kitwe.
Job Title: Cook x (4)
Report to: Head Chef
Basis: 12 days on | 4 days off
Location: Zambia | Kitwe, Lufwanyama
- Responsible for production of meals i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Producing menus and new dishes
- Estimate amounts and cost of required supplies such as food and ingredients.
- Must prepare food on a large scale and on time for a work force of five (500) hundred members of staff or more.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow acceptable standards and regulations.
- Initiate high standards of food preparation and presentation.
- Able to supervise other workers.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Embrace team work.
- Certificate in food production from a reputable institution and must have a minimum of at least two years’ working experience in a similar position in a busy kitchen.
Core Competencies should include:
- High levels of creativity
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Ability to train others
- Effective communicator
- Focused, Self-motivated and Innovative
- Wide range of cooking related skills.
- Baking will be added advantage
Age Limit: Must be 25 years and above.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons should apply enclosing Academic and Professional Qualifications, plus a Comprehensive CV: stating the Position in the Subject Line of the email to – [email protected]
Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.