Website Care zambia
CARE International is a partner in phase 2 of the Zambia Prevention, Care and Treatment program (ZPCT II). ZPCT II is a five year HIV/AIDS program funded by the U.S. Government’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through USAID. Within ZPCT II, CARE will provide leadership of community-based consortia to mobilize demand for HIV/AIDS services and build facility/community referral networks.
CARE International under its partnership with ZPCT II is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced professionals for the following position:
Job Title: Development Coordinator – Community Mobilization and Referral (3)
Locations: Mansa, Ndola, Kabwe
The Development Co-coordinator is based at ZPCT II Provincial Office and will coordinate community mobilization plans and activities in ZPCT II supported districts within the province, and will provide support and guidance to district-level referral networks. The Development Coordinator will work as a team member of the ZPCT II program unit under the direction of the Project Management Coordinator on community and referral network activities.
Specific Deliverables / Main Duties
- Deputize for the PMC when the PMC is not there.
- Participate actively in the development and implementation of provincial quarterly work plans, budgets, and reports for the community mobilization and referral component, subject to review and approval by the Program Manager,
- Work with the CARE/ZPCT II Lusaka and other ZPCT II staff to manage the effective operation of the transport re-imbursement system for community volunteers
- Work with ZPCT II partners to provide guidance and oversee the development and implementation of referral network in the province.
- Work with the CARE/ZPCT II Lusaka and other ZPCT II partners to undertake community mapping in designated districts.
- Ensure that data collection mechanisms for community mobilization and referral indicators are in place and functioning and that data is collected monthly and stored in a database
- Ensure that supervision and support mechanisms for community volunteers are implemented and are functioning.
- Ensure that inputs such as brochures, bicycles, training materials, job aids, and posters are obtained from Lusaka when they are due and deployed as per work plan.
- Ensure that cross cutting issues such as gender and involvement of impact groups such as youths, women, and PLWHA are taken into account in CMR.
- Remain informed on current programs and research on community mobilization and HIV/AIDS
- Do other work as assigned by the PMC
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma Or Degree in Social Work, Development Studies, Demography, Public Health, Nursing or any health related field
- 3-5 years of experience in health system, community services or related development work with a minimum of 2 years experience in programs for care and support for HIV/AIDS and a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS technical areas
- Experience with ARV programs, while not required, would greatly enhance the application
- Familiarity with Zambia public sector health systems, NGO and CBOs an added advantage
- Knowledge of PEPFAR/USG reporting requirements an added advantage
- Excellent and demonstrable reporting, writing and communication skills
- Supporting CARE Zambia’s Knowledge Management Learning & Innovation (KML&I) activities through Documentation (Generation & sharing of evidence: Data, impact stories, quality reports), contribution to Newsletters, Annual report and File notes
- Ensuring that gender and power dynamics related to ZPCT III project are taken into consideration
Women are particularly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs, with day time telephone numbers should be sent to:
The Program Support Director- Human Resources & Administration
P.O. Box 36238,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 18th September, 2014
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert when applying for this role.