CARE, an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization, has a vacancy available under the Nutrition at the Centre ([email protected]) Project. [email protected] is a privately-funded, multi-country integrated nutrition program with two key objectives: 1) to improve infant and child nutritional outcomes, particularly for the most vulnerable children and families; and 2) to increase CARE’s capacity, effectiveness, and influence in global nutrition. The project is to significantly improve maternal and child nutrition and health outcomes through implementation of integrated programs.
Position Title: Development Coordinator
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out project control and process management activities in the district.
- Responsible for overall program planning and management which includes implementation and monitoring of program and activities;
- Oversee preparation and dissemination of timely analytical and critical reports including periodic reports on the progress of project activities, proposals for improvements in operation and the scope of program;
- Ensure compliance with CARE policies, criteria and procedures with respect to project implementation;
- Oversee the district level M&E processes and ensure timely inputs for reporting and accountability; constant liaison with M&E Officer for data analysis and the Advocacy and Learning Officer for documentation.
- Coordinate program implementation with other CARE projects and other nutrition initiatives at district levels, as necessary;
- Engage in capacity building of the field level implementing partners
- Assist in promotion and implementation of operational research for nutrition;
- Perform any other duties as required for the success of the program;
- Work closely with the other INGOs, Local NGOs and Government counterparts, and build more partnerships;
- Participate in the Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS sector related;
- Actively engage in the development of joint program and their implementation of key government line ministries;
- Assist in developing strategies and policy guidance for capacity building that would enable the program record impact to respond efficiently and effectively to the new challenges and mandates in Nutrition development;
- In consultation with the supervisor and CO management, seek ways to influence provincial and district policy and advocacy work, including the strategic framework for food security and nutrition, national policy for food fortification;
- Develop and evaluate alternative MCHN program models to address maternal and young child under nutrition; engage in SUN initiative in Zambia;
- Develop innovative ways of addressing chronic and acute malnutrition in Zambia;
- Actively engage in the setting up of nutrition assessment/surveillance systems, education and counseling for mothers and children under five;
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Nutrition with at least five years’ experience. BSc Degree in Nutrition with at least three years’ experience will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing nutrition programmes in development settings and also experience in conducting nutrition assessments.
- Good knowledge of Infant and Young Child Feeding and maternal nutrition programmes and guidelines. Experience in Nutrition and WASHE related activities will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of use of computers essential, including word processing, spreadsheets and nutrition analysis software packages and systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical and negotiating skills
- A team player
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please send your applications and CVs to [email protected] or to the undersigned not later than Tuesday, 17th November 2015. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Program Support Director – HR and Administration,
Plot 9 Chitemwiko Close, Kabulonga
PO Box 36238,
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role.