Website Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA) Council of Zambia
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) Zambia has received funding from the World YWCA to implement a project entitled Strengthening Faith Community Partnerships to Fast Track National Workshops for Empowerment of Girls and Young Women. The project seeks to build a mutual understanding and support among interfaith communities, young women and girls, so that young women who are vulnerable to or affected by HIV or STIs recognize that they can turn to faith leaders for guidance and accompaniment with respect to testing, treatment and decision about their reproductive health needs.
The aim of the Project is to develop local interfaith consultations in Lusaka, Kaoma, Chipata and Chama to:
- Engage and collaborate with DREAMS and national youth networks workin gon HIV for a strengthened response to end HIV, and related stigma and discrimination
- Provide workshops for girls on CSE, SRHR, contraceptives, family planning and the consequences of unsafe sex
- Engage and collaborate closely with FBOs and interfaith religoius leader using scripture and theological reflection to support messaging
- Foster intergenerational dialogues among traditional leaders, interfaith religious leaders, young women and girls
- Refer young women and girls to SRHR and HIV health services, HIV testing, counseling and treatment.
2.0 Overall objective of the Consultancy
To document and take expert photographs of the consultative workshops that will be conducted in Lusaka, Kaoma, Chipata and Chama.
3.0 Specific Tasks
The consultant/s will be expected to conduct the following activities:
(1) Document proceedings of the four (4) consultative workshops that will be conducted
(2) Conduct one on one interviews with at least two (2) selected workshop participants per workshop and write stories for incorporation in the main report.
(3) Take expert photographs of the workshop proceedings
(4) Develop a report that will incorporate all the workshop reports, interviews and photographs.
4.0 COMMENCEMENT OF TASK
It is anticipated that the assignment will commence on 18th January 2017 and be for a duration of 10days.
5.0 APPROACH AND METHODOLOGY
The approach will be a mix of interviews, taking professional pictures of the workshop proceedings and documenting the proceedings of the workshop.
The consultant/s will be answerable to YWCA.
- Reports of the four workshops that will be undertaken, complete with pictures and interviews of participants incorporated.
- Consolidated report of all the four workshops that will be conducted of not more than 20 pages.
8.0 SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
i. At least a Diploma in Journalism or any related field with demonstrated experience in conducting similar assignments.
ii. Good understanding of Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV & AIDS issues.
iii. Ability to interact and discuss SRH and HIV related issues with faith leaders and young women and girls
iv. Good spoken and written communication skills in English.
v. Proven experience of taking professional pictures and collecting and documenting stories from workshop settings
vi. Ability to take professional photographs
vii. Ability to write coherent and informative reports of workshop proceedings.
viii. Ability to work in tight time frames.
ix. Able to work in a team.
9.0 BID REQUIREMENTS
Consultants who meet the requirements should submit a maximum of 6 pages expression of interest, which should include the following:
i. A suitability statement, including commitment to availability for the entire assignment.
ii. A detailed financial proposal.
iii. Curriculum vitae of consultant/s that clearly spell out qualifications and experience with at least contacts of 2 organizations that have recently contracted the consultant/s to carry out a similar assignment.
10.0 HOW TO APPLY
If you are convinced you meet the above qualifications and requirements, please send your expression of interest as outlined in 9.0 to the following:
The Executive Director, YWCA Zambia,
P O Box 50115,
or email your expression of interest to: [email protected]
Note: Both soft copy and hard copy applications will be accepted.
11.0 CLOSING DATE
The closing date for submission is on Friday, 13th January 2017 at 17hrs.