With subsidiaries in more than 21 African countries, BIA’s operations are in the Sales and After-sales services of equipment for mines, quarries, public works, recycling, handling and power generation in West and Central Africa. BIA is able to offer a wide range of equipment and accessories from well-known manufacturers such as Komatsu, Sandvik, Bomag, Cummins and Yale.
BIA Zambia is currently looking for a Driver for its operations to be based in Kitwe.
- Drive employees and conducting errands as directed by the Office Administrator
- Demonstrate safe driving skills including control of the vehicle
- Adhere to Zambian driving law at all times, including observing speed limits and stopping distances, traffic signals and instructions from traffic police
- Behave respectfully towards other road users as well as fellow colleagues
- Conduct daily routine maintenance tasks in relation to the vehicles and record keeping
- Carry out daily and weekly checks on the vehicles and that any need for repairs are notified to the Office Administrator / Country Manager and carried out as needed
- Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle and that emergency equipment is in working order.
- Maintain records in relation to journeys undertaken, routes and mileage.
- Maintain a daily timesheet for the actual working hours and to be signed off the following morning (where possible)
- Must be able to carry out the errands as per the daily schedule
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience with operating and driving vehicles
- Good communication skills and courteous behavior
- Experience working in a multi-racial environment
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum GCE Certificate
- Driving certification
- Possession of Class C (PSV) Driving license
- Good English language skills (written and oral)
- Excellent driving skills
- Communication Skills
- Planning & Organising
- Interpersonal skills
- Team Work
Interested applicants meeting the criteria specified should send their applications to [email protected]by Friday 17 March 2017