Position: Education Specialist –ANEW Project (1)
Application Deadline Date: 24-Mar-17
Purpose of the position:
To provide technical support for the execution of programme interventions for the delivery of ZREAD Technical Programme outcomes under the ANEW Project.
Technical Programme Support
- Support the development, selection and/or adoption of guidelines, tools, models and protocols to aid programme implementation
- Provide technical support to area programmes to building capacity in local education officers and zonal heads and AP staff or improved teacher supervision and support
- Support in the design and implementation review of technical program interventions
- Assess and support AP quality activity implementation to ensure that the programme is within scope, time and budget.
- Ensure that the information, education and communication (IEC) materials are in place for effective implementation.
- Ensure recommended technical program models are contextualized for effective implementation in the areas Area Programme
- Facilitate Training of Trainers (TOT) of partners, WVZ technical program staff, other stakeholders to ensure effective implementation
- Support staff orientation and participate in building capacity of technical staff through coaching and mentoring for increased/enhanced competency
- Provide input in performance appraisal of technical programme staff for increased accountability
Networking, Collaboration and Liaison
- Represent WVZL in various key meetings including Ministry of General Education Joint Annual Review Meeting (JAR), Zambia National Education Coalition (ZANEC) and other meetings for alignment of National priorities.
- Build and maintain relationship with internal and external partners/stakeholders for enhanced collaboration and sustainability
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- Support research/Studies on technical program related topics and produce technical briefs for sharing with key stakeholders.
- Participate and review data collection tools in conducting research/studies to generate lessons learnt for programme improvement.
- Utilize and adapt learning from monitoring and evaluation processes to inform programming.
- Consolidate and review monthly, quarterly and annual reports for timely submission.
- Ensure all emerging industry technical standards are captured, documented and shared across Aps
- Mature and Committed Christian, able to inspire others to World Vision Core Values, Vision and Mission Statement.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications/Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Degree in Education or relevant field with minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant field
- Post Graduate certificate in Curriculum Development or Education management will be an added advantage.
- Experience in a complex, international organisation preferably NGO context
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage,
- Experience in organization capacity building
- 2 years’ experience of teaching is an added advantage
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and report writing essential
- Must have excellent communications, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, conflict management, negotiation, networking, liaison and donor engagement skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and functional teams.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based 40% : field 60%
- Travel: international as required.