British American Tobacco
- Set up and maintain key EHS guidance, controls, tools and processes to be efficient, effective and fit for purpose, adopting best practices as outlined by BAT and local legislation
- Driving step change in EHS performance on an ongoing basis to EHS actions tracking and Campaigns. The emphasis will be on driving EHS compliant employee and management behaviour.
- Drive Technical training and multi- skilling for operations to ensure the provision of the necessary skills.
- Completed training programmes and evaluation reports for operators, techs and the rest of the organisation.
- Work with Line-manager to develop and implement agreed internal control systems procedures and solutions.
- Supply the working knowledge and appropriate information for the Implementation of IMS-EHS management systems, programmes and procedures as described in the British American Tobacco EHS Policy Manual
- Ensure that appropriate training materials are available for all employees, contractors and visitors to have a complete understanding of the procedures they must
- Implement EHS induction policy
- Ensure that complete, accurate and fully referenced records are kept and maintained for EHS related licences, permits, inventories, measurements and data arising from the day-to-day management of all EHS matters
- Undertake periodic EHS Reviews / Audits of all locations and report requirements to the Engineering and EHS Manager
- Investigate all injuries and accidents or environmental incidences in compliance with the British American Tobacco reporting procedures and legal requirements.
- Be fully informed of all applicable national or international laws, regulations and codes of practice on EHS issues affecting the business and recommend the required actions for compliance.
- Ensure the corporate awareness of the impacts the company has on ‘biodiversity’
- Coordinating training programme offered by external providers
- Act as a point of EHS excellence to service EHS enquiries from the EHS community.
- Maximise Recycling opportunity and drive for continuous improvement
- Relevant First Degree
- Professional EHS qualification will be an added advantage
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://krb-xjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?jobId=171098&partnerid=30015&siteid=5134 →