British American Tobacco
- Manage the maintenance and engineering functions according to best international practices to achieve company plan targets and customer satisfaction with regards to
- EHS best practise
- Excellent State of Maintenance of Site & Machinery
- machine efficiency and reliability(OEE)
- Best quality
- lowest possible conversion cost
- waste reduction (all its forms) including Energy
- Overall Module Productivity
- Recycling – maximise opportunity including use of 3rd parties
- Fire risk/Infestation – Ensure Factory site and machinery is at excellent level in terms maintenance, housekeeping and Engineering/technical best practise to ensure no risk of Fire hazard or Infestation
- Define resource requirements in terms of people, equipment, and technology in order to respond to market needs in the most effective way for the product and volume.
- Train and develop the skills of subordinates in order to increase overall performance.
- Define and implement maintenance philosophy procedures and schedule to ensure plant reliability.
- Manage BAT Zambia Operations Capex to deliver on time and within budget projects that enhance productivity and quality and in line with global strategic guidelines.
- Define and implement appropriate long term and short-term technological strategies (mechanical, electrical, facilities, etc.) to improve the capabilities of the factory.
- As a member of the operations management team contribute to the definition of the operational vision, strategies and policies in order to cope with present and future challenges and opportunities.
- Manage and develop good industrial relations to guarantee that company objectives are met
- Manage the expenses relating to manufacturing and engineering to minimise operational costs
- Identify and evaluate all existing and potential threats to the operating company’s business arising from environmental impacts, health and safety risks, inform and recommend actions to head of function responsible and develop and implement agreed internal controls systems and procedures and solutions.
- Provide input to the installation, reorganisation and design of any projects within the departments so as to meet the production requirements.
- Proactively prepare the Plant for the monthly production schedules i.e. Electricity, Facilities, etc.
- Manage and nurture good industrial relations to guarantee that company objectives are met and be properly informed on all key legislation relating to Labour Laws
- Participates in Operations budget planning and manage the expenses in line with the Departments budget
- Ensure 100% adherence to the Factory Maintenance plan – Site & Machinery
University qualification in civil, electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering
Minimum 3 years post graduate experience in a large Manufacturing establishment
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://krb-xjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?jobId=171113&partnerid=30015&siteid=5134 →