Job Description of the Farm Forestry Adviser
- Forester, Forest Ranger or relevant
- Fluent in English (both speaking and writing), Zambian local languages are an advantage
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the forestry sector, preferably including also private sector experience and working in collaboration with small-, medium- and large-scale farmers; experience from application of participatory methods; business and/or financial literacy of smallholder plantation as a business and its benefits at micro level in land use (intercropping, revenue).
- Excellent management, coordination, training, reporting and communication skills
Support district implementation teams: Therefore, the forest extension officer, not only should she/he be armed with technical information about tree farming, but also with business and/or financial literacy of smallholder plantation as a business and its benefits at micro level in land use (intercropping, revenue). The more wood volume there is in one area the better are the chances of someone investing in timber processing (sawmill, pole treatment).
- Implementing Farm Forestry Partnership Project at district level
- Communication between Project Manager, Farmers and FMA
- Organising the training material production
- Organising and delivering training among farmers at the district level
- Organising the selection of the pilot organisations and leading farmers
- Advising and supervising the nursery establishment, tree planting and other forestry activities
- Taking an active role in the local study tour preparation and participating in the tour
Duty station & duration:
- Kitwe and extensive travelling in the project area
- Duration of 11 months, starting in February 2017
- Remuneration: Approx. 9500 ZMW monthly gross salary (all in)
Interested? Contact Dr. De Beenhouwer[i] with your full CV and motivation letter by the 20th of January.