Requisition Number: 499656
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Mine Geology, Mining
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- To collect drilled material (powder and chips) from the drill rig cyclone at designated intervals.
- To Sieve material collected to recover drill chips in order for the geologist to log the lithology and degree of mineralization
- To split powder material recovered from the cyclone using the riffle splitter so that a representative volume of material can be sent to the laboratory for assaying.
- To accurately label sample bags and chip trays for each hole drilled.
- To organize samples from each hole drilled in lots so that they can be easily collected, transported and sorted for laboratory submission at the core shed.
- To accurately record recovery and conditions at designated intervals for each hole drilled on the paper logging sheets
- Provide training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an ongoing basis, with a particular focus on Zambian employees
- Other duties as directed by the Supervisor
Applications close: 29 Mar 2017 FLE Daylight Time