Website Young Women in Action
Gender equality and women's Rights
Young Women in Action (YWA) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) that works to empower young women through leadership development, gender and development, sexual reproductive health and rights and socio-economic empowerment. YWA is looking for a Finance intern.
The candidate filling this position will handle a wide range of duties including;
- Generating and/or maintaining accounting and financial records, including: reconciling bank statements and invoices, preparing financial reports, preparing cheques, managing accounts payable and accounts receivable, as well as fixed assets.
- Posting entries into the PASTEL Accounting System.
- Ensure adherence to generally accepted accounting standards and principles; including maintenance of proper audit trails and verification and reconciliation actions for all processed work.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties such as interpreting YWA policies and maintaining personnel files.
- ACCA (level II) qualification or equivalent
- A high level of computer skills especially in the application of spreadsheets and financial management software (PASTEL).
- Experience of working with non-governmental and community-based organizations will be an added advantage
- The desired candidate should be enthusiastically supportive of Young Women in Action’s Mission and Core Virtues.
Suitably qualified individuals should send their cover letter and CV to: [email protected] by 24th February 2017. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.