Right to Care
Right to Care has the following vacancy and encourages suitably qualified candidates to apply.
Position: Finance Officer – EQUIP Zambia
Reporting to: Finance and Administration Manager – EQUIP
Purpose of the job: To ensure that the team produces financial information which is in line with set procedures and timetables, helping to coordinate the completion of tasks across the team and by personally completing tasks either because they are best completed by one person on behalf of the team or because they are less routine and of greater complexity.
Required Minimum qualification:
- B. Com/Accountancy/or partly qualified ACCA/CIMA or similar and Pastel Evolution
- Computer literacy, Pastel Evolution
- Added advantage: Appropriate financial accounting qualification
- 3 years’ experience as an Accountant
- Member of ZICA
Key Performance Areas amongst others include:
- Adhere to pre-set deadlines for the department
- Generate Management Reports such as:
- Cost history, detailed ledger expense history
- Assist with the annual audit preparation.
- Assist with finance manager roles and responsibilities when required.
- Review the creditors age analysis of all companies and ensure that creditors are paid timeously
- Assist review policies and procedures for finance department and recommend necessary changes to financial manager
- Assist with online banking when required.
- Assist with the development of budgets
- Assist with the review of monthly budget variance reports and investigate accordingly.
- Assist with preparing monthly and quarterly variance reports
- Assist with preparing the annual expenditure analysis for USAID.
- Assist in the maintenance of chart of accounts
- Assist with the consolidation of quarterly reports for the board
- Assist with the review of payroll recons for all grants and recommend necessary adjustments
GL and Cashbook:
- Review suspense accounts
- Assist with the review / reconciliation of all balance sheet items for all grants
- Assist review month end closing processes for all grants
- Assist with the review / reconciliation of suppliers when required.
Web Based Procurement (Fraxion):
- Compile Quarterly, Semi-annual and Annual USAID Reports within deadlines (Jan, Apr, Jul, and Oct).
- Assist in the administration of the system
- Assist in the rollout of Fraxion.
- Train relevant users
- Resolve any queries from departments regarding Fraxion
Web Based Budgeting (IDU):
- Assist with the administration of the system
- Assist with training the relevant users
- Assist with support of the system
Weekly Payment Requisitions:
- Check VAT numbers & calculations on invoices are correct
- Check the PO to ensure that the PO is correctly completed
- Check whether there is an Original Tax Invoice and follow-up with the relevant department if not received
- Total & Cast the invoice to ensure accuracy thereof
- Ensure that the Preferred Provider is on the authorised Preferred Supplier List.
- Ensure that each payment requisition complies to the procurement policy.
- Ensure that each payment complies to the USAID regulations
- Check the GL allocation to ensure that the allocation to the GL is per the management department’s authorisation.
- Check the GL allocations to ensure that the split per the payment requisition in correct.
- Check a of payment requisitions against the contract
Standard Bank – EFT:
- Capture payment requisitions weekly onto the USAID bank for authorisation by the Finance Manager and Administration Manager.
USAID Cash Book:
- Prepare the cashbook batch on Pastel weekly and hand to the FM by the 15th of each month.
- Prepare the Bank Reconciliation monthly and ensure that it is signed off by the authorised person. (FAM)
Credit Card Recon (USAID):
- Capture credit card payments & petty cash into Pastel
- Inspect the credit card statement to supporting documentation to ensure complete and accurate recording thereof as well as identifying any fraudulent activities
- Recommend correcting journals to the assistant financial controller where necessary
- Follow up on outstanding original invoices list to ensure receipt thereof
- File original invoices with the relevant payment requisition.
- Attend to audit queries raised by the auditor or the assistant financial controller relating to the payment requisitions
- Extract payment requisitions & other required information per the sample sent by the auditors.
Technical skills and behavioral competencies:
- Strong financial accounting skills
- Auditing background
- Advanced level of computer skills
- Strong conceptual skills
- High attention to detail
- Professional Skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan and organize
- Ability to work under pressure
Interested applicants must submit their CV, Qualifications, ID Copy, letter of motivation and 3 professional references, stating full name of referee, relationship, email address and contact telephone numbers by: 17 March 2017.
This also confirms that by applying for the above-mentioned position you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, Criminal and Reference checks which is part of our recruitment process.
Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful, we nonetheless want to thank you for your interest shown in our organization. Right to Care web-site: www.righttocare.org
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.devex.com/jobs/finance-officer-equip-zambia-478153 →