Your One Stop HR Business Provider
Our client in the petroleum sector are looking for a seasoned Mechanics to manage their garage and fleet of trucks. Below is the job description;
The Garage Mechanic Supervisor will be responsible for maximizing the efficiency, productivity of the service department and achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Take responsibility for the provision of an efficient and effective workshop and on site operation in accordance with the policy determined by the Head of department.
- Provide advice on best methods of repair and determine repair times in consultation with the Service Manager, vehicle manufacturers’ information.
- Overseeing the complete servicing tasks, such as changing engine oil and filters or checking lubricant levels.
- Be are responsible for recruiting a team of technicians with the skills and qualifications to carry out the type of servicing and repairs offered required on the trucks.
- Supervise technicians’ performance and arrange training programs to keep the team’s skills up to date.
- Prepare schedules and plan staff duty rotations to ensure that servicing and repairs are completed as quickly as possible.
- Be responsible for selecting equipment, such as diagnostic tools, that will improve quality and productivity in the service department.
- Ensure service and repair of trucks targets are met.
- Supervisor junior mechanics on repair or replace components that are subject to wear, such as brake parts, steering and suspension components, tires and exhaust system pieces.
- Diagnose and repair brake, steering and suspension problems.
- Ensure financial targets are met within own sphere of responsibility, maintaining minimal stock of parts, authorizing orders up to the prescribed limit.
- Inform the Service Manager on revisions to service contents, i.e. usually relates to the age of the vehicle.
- Be available for regular staff meetings as required by management.
- Good analytical skills to diagnose problems and make decisions about the most suitable repairs.
- Be competent at using servicing and maintenance tools and equipment, and be familiar with the different categories of lubricants and service parts.
- Good interpersonal skills to discuss vehicle problems and solutions with technicians
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a ZAMBIAN ACCREDITED TRADE QUALIFICATION in Mechanics or Technical field
- Must have work experience of 4-6 years in a busy garage
- Must have experience working on different types of truck engines
- Must be familiar with all aspects of vehicle operation and must understand the functions of the major components and systems.
- Must have good analytical skills to diagnose problems and make decisions about the most suitable repairs. In smaller service operations, they may have to operate diagnostic
- It will be plus to have an accreditation in different aspects of vehicle maintenance, including electrical/electronic systems, engine performance and repair, heating and air conditioning, brakes, manual drive train and axles, automatic transmission, suspension, and steering.
SEND YOUR DETAILED AND UPDATED CV TO [email protected] OR YOU CAN DROP OFF YOUR HARD COPY CV AT OUR OFFICES LOCATED ON PLOT # 5894, PASELI ROAD, OFF MANCHINCHI ROAD, NORTHMEAD, LUSAKA