Website Caritas Czech Republic
international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development
CARITAS CZECH REPUBLIC
an international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation, currently implementing a project focusing improving quality and access to mother and child healthcare in Western Province is looking for a
HEALTH PROJECT OFFICER
- Support and assist the Program Manager
- Ensure management of day-to-day implementation of project activities according to project document such as organization and facilitation of trainings, workshops, capacity building of health workers, quality improvement of health service delivery, mobilization of communities, organization of health volunteers, managing an awareness raising program, developing and expanding nutritional components, improving referral system, negotiation with partners, etc.
- Supervise Field officers on activity planning and their implementation
- Maintain necessary project administration
- Report regularly, draw up action plans, assessment of progress, participate on relevant tools and guidelines development, formulation of new project opportunities, proactive approach to secure new funds, etc.
- tertiary education (university/college degree in Public Health, Health Sciences, Nursing, Midwifery or other relevant field)
- min. 3 years of proven experience in project implementation, preferably development projects will be considered
- at least 1 year of experience and understanding of healthcare settings within a primary care context and particular knowledge of MCH would be advantageous
- experience with project cycle management at least 2 years
- experience working with international organizations or NGOs is an advantage
- demonstrate ability to develop and manage stakeholder relationships
- fluent in English – written and spoken, Silozi is an advantage
- excellent computer skills – MS office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and internet
- excellent organizational skills
- Integrity and willingness to work and produce results in a dynamic environment
- good time management, commitment, team worker, reliable and hardworking, able to work under pressure
Starting date: immediately
Location: Mongu, Zambia Position: National
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of detailed CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) by the 16th January, 2017 17:00 to the following email address: [email protected] DO NOT ATTACH scan/copy of education certificates and proof of work experience to the email. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please use the following subject in your email/post: Health Project Officer – WP.
For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Name, Health PO – WP – curriculum vitae
Surname, Name, Health PO – WP – cover letter
Caritas Czech reserves the right to cancel the process at any stage.