ICT Solutions and Services
ICT Business Development Manager
We are seeking an experienced Senior Sales Business Development Manager to join our growing team. The position is focused on securing new business opportunities, across our Networking, Security, Unified Communications and & Data Centre portfolio, in the Corporate, Enterprise & Government sector.
We are looking for candidates with strong business development sales skills with the professional and technical competency to build successful and long-term relationships with clients at a senior executive level. The candidate will be a self starter, highly motivated, driven to achieve and exceed sales targets.
Using a solution sales approach the candidate must possess a deep and thorough appreciation of client’s business and technology requirements, with vendor solutions from Cisco, Dell-EMC, NetApp, Ruckus, VMWare, Veeam, Checkpoint etc.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, progress and harness a qualified and comprehensive pipeline of new business opportunities within the Corporate, Enterprise & Government sector
- Through a solution sales approach to forge and develop a clear understanding of customers business and technology requirements and to develop a qualified pipeline of sales opportunity.
- Develop long-term and strategic relationships into key prospects / customers positioning ProComm as a trusted partner.
- Prepare and submit customer proposals to highest professional standard ensuring the ProComm brand and commercial guidelines are adhered to.
- Lead the design and presentation of customer solutions, being supported by Solutions Architects. Manage all relevant internal and external relationships to ensure maximum customer satisfaction through service delivery and ongoing support.
- Through active and effective pipeline management and sales execution to ensure sales targets are achieved on an ongoing basis
- Play an active role in supporting Product, Commercial and Technical Teams with a thorough understanding of market demands and client requirements. Directly assist with New Product Development activity where relevant and required.
- Ongoing account / relationship management to ensure customer satisfaction and maximised revenue opportunities.
- Make a positive contribution to wider sales team and overall business unit development and strategy.
- Represent the company at industry and or other networking events where relevant.
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven track record of selling Telecommunications & ICT services into the corporate marketplace.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets on a regular and recurring basis whilst ensuring customer expectations are always met.
- Excellent communicator and experienced at delivering sophisticated sales presentations at a senior level.
- Demonstrable experience of effectively developing and managing a qualified sales pipeline of opportunity.
- Excellent knowledge of the marketplace and overall telecoms industry.
- Highly professional, with strong personal and professional integrity, who can successfully represent ProComm both internally & externally.
- Excellent relationship and inter-personal skills with ability to work effectively across customers, partners and within the business.
- Drive, energy and perseverance to ensure customer and business needs are achieved in most effective fashion
- Direct experience of preparing and submitting complex bids and or tender responses
- Excellent commercial acumen.
Applicants must be highly motivated individuals, able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, who set high expectations of themselves and the wider company in support of customer needs.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Likely to be degree educated with a relevant business, scientific and or technical background
- At least 5+ years in a similar Strategic Business Development or Solution Sales role selling ICT products and services into the corporate marketplace.
- Thorough understanding of the ICT & Telecoms industry, its products, services and vendors etc
- Product and technical comprehension will have been enhanced by ongoing and continuous professional development and training.
- Full, clean driving licence.
Location: Ibex Hill, Lusaka