Right to Care
Right to Care has the following vacancy and encourages suitably qualified candidates to apply.
Position: Information Technology Officer – EQUIP
Reporting to: Programme Coordinator – EQUIP
Main Purpose of the Job: To provide IT Assistance services in order to ensure effective and efficient operations in the IT department and as an organisation as the whole.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Diploma in Information Technology/IMIS or related field
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certification and ND IT
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT field
Key Performance Areas amongst others include:
- Maintain desktop and server operating systems and applications
- Set-up new equipment and software
- Install and commission new computers\laptops
- IT asset management
- Report software, hardware and network problems
- Do daily morning check list and send to all IT staff.
- Upgrade UPS in the clinic if and when required.
- Site staff ongoing IT support
- IT Support to new staff and IT administration (assist with completing of forms scan to helpdesk for login, Lync access, email access, login for ESS etc.)
- Also complete assert transfer forms and return asset forms if needed.
- Update asset register information if there IT procurement changes.
- Attending calls that are logged by the users (sorting any IT related problems) then go back to OTRS system to close all call that are done.
- Assist with RTC helpdesk system
- Unlock TE passwords for users
- Support communication with local and remote users
- Configure, maintain and provide support for all network components
- Compiling Help desk reports
- Assigning help desk calls to the relevant people
- Report issues for Service desk for escalation
- Monitor service desk for tickets assigned to the queue
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to request received through the helpdesk
Repairs and Maintenance of PC servers, workstation and peripherals:
- Repair hardware and software components
- Upgrade both hardware and software where required
- Installing computers and printers also move computers from one location to another if and when required
- Maintain and update the antivirus systems
- Update all users and maintain a register of anti-virus protection
- Provide support and adequate warnings for new viruses
- Checking FEP and Windows update to all PC’s around the office.
Technical skills and behavioral competencies:
- Customer service orientation
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Good IT technical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure
Interested applicants must submit their CV, Qualifications, ID Copy, letter of motivation and 3 professional references, stating full name of referee, relationship, email address and contact telephone numbers by: 17 March 2017.
This also confirms that by applying for the above mentioned position you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, Criminal and Reference checks which is part of our recruitment process.
Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful, we nonetheless want to thank you for your interest shown in our organization. Right to Care web-site: www.righttocare.org
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.devex.com/jobs/information-technology-officer-equip-478155 →