AgriProfocus is a partnership which aims to promote farmer entrepreneurship and food security in developing countries. The partnership originated in the Netherlands and has 13 country networks in Africa and Asia. The network in Zambia is a multi-stakeholder network which serves as a neutral marketplace for professionals from agri-businesses, producer organizations, NGOs, government, research institutions to share expertise and do business.
AgriProfocus is hosted by SNV Netherlands Development Organisation in Zambia. Its responsibility is to create opportunities for multi–stakeholder action and to facilitate connections and business links between professionals and organizations through expert meetings, network events, dissemination forums, market research and publications.
2. Purpose of the internship
The intern will assist with implementing AgriProfocus Zambia network activities. Specifically the intern will assist in updating and maintaining the AgriProfocus website and social media accounts, marketing, event organizing, and reporting.
3. Main tasks and responsibilities
The intern will be tasked to:
- Assist the operations of the online platform (agriprofocus.com), and update and maintain AgriProFocus social media accounts (facebook and twitter).
- Assist in developing the minutes/reports of AgriProFocus meetings/events.
- Assist the coordination in organizing networking events and fairs.
- Develop and maintain AgriProFocus member database.
- Assist the coordination in data collection for monitoring and evaluation.
4. Time schedule
The intern is expected to start work on January 31st, 2016 for a 3 month period with possibility of extension.
5. Qualification and Submission requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in agribusiness, Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, or Mass Communication with a strong affiliation to agricultural development.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience in social media/content management a plus.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft package. Basic photography and design skills a plus.
6. Working Environment
The intern will be based in Lusaka, and will be required to occasionally travel outside of Lusaka