Requisition Number: 500986
Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Installation of new electrical systems, replacement of old, faulty or redundant Electrical systems as per the Company and vendor’s safety and quality specifications.
- Electrical protection
- Ensure and document all electrical safety settings to conform to safety requirements.
- Ensure that all electrical equipment have the correct hardware interlock and safety parameter settings for effective and safe operation.
- Adhere to the companies planned and preventative maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Effectively maintain the electrical equipment with the minimum effect on the plant production.
- Oversee that all electrical maintenance according to the company schedules are done by the relevant sub ordinates
Reporting and record keeping.
- Compile a detailed report on all activities, plans, costs and labour.
- Report all incidents immediately to the Superintendent.
- Ensure that all Safety logbooks are checked and signed according to the procedure.
- Ensure that stock levels of electrical equipment are maintained in the warehouse
- Create new stock for all critical items to ensure minimum effect on production in the event of a failure.
Tools and audit.
- Oversee the correct and safe usage of all hand tools within your section
- Record and control all replacement of tools.
- Oversee the maintain the highest safety standard on the condition and usage of all electrical test equipment
Training and development.
- Provide and schedule all necessary training for all the employees to comply with all safety standards and statutory compliance.
- Identify needs for specialised training requirements within your area.
- Manage and control the transport under your control.
- Ensure all requests for service is adhered to.
- No person will operate any equipment without a official permit.
- Any other duties as directed by the Senior Electrical Supervisor.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Valid LV Driver’s License.
- Minimum TWO years’ experience in a Mining environment working as an Engineer
- Knowledge of LV systems, MCC’s and protection.
- Some knowledge of LV and MV Transformers
- Maintenance of Electrical motors
- Maintenance of Overhead cranes.
- Knowledge of variable speed drives, Soft starters and DOL starters
- Good knowledge on the use of electrical measuring instruments.
- Reading electrical drawings
- Computer literate.
- Any Leadership or Supervisory Training courses.
- Technical Skills
- Standby and overtime when required
- Exposure to noise/dust
Applications close: FLE Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.first-quantum.com/cw/en/job/500986/junior-engineer-electrical →