Requisition Number: 501037
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Engineering, Mining, Operations / General Management
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Monitor earthworks schedule and progress, and advice on opportunities to optimize operations.
- Ensures pit & dump engineering designs meet all technical and safety requirements.
- Ensures effective dump management from footprint to rehabilitation and legal requirements.
- Generate Weekly actual plus forecast schedules for production control.
- Trains and develops subordinate engineers (trainee graduate) and other allied personnel.
- Provide technical support to the drill and blast team.
- Familiar with budget preparation, long term and strategic mine planning.
- Other duties as directed by the Supervisor
- A full Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum of a Diploma/Degree in Mining Engineering
- A Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ)
- Minimum of two (2) years mining experience.
- Well disciplined, Physically Fit, Calm, Self Motivated and intelligent with no criminal record.
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.first-quantum.com/cw/en/job/501037/junior-mine-engineer →