Requisition Number: 499845
Contract Type: Fixed Term
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
This holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Clean kitchen and work stations
- Ensure food stored correctly in clean fridges and freezers
- Endeavour to learn about cooking and food costing
- Help prepare, cook and serve high quality food
- Ensure recipes are followed to reduce wastage
- Fill in the bulk issue sheets correctly when preparing items as directed by the chefs
- Ensure food tastes are consistent when preparing food as directed by the chefs
- Ensure portioning is consistent with the recipes
- Ensure all food correctly stored, cling filmed, labelled and dated
- Ensure HACCP’s procedure is followed
- Ensure washing of floors, cleaning the kitchen, benches, crockery, knives and work surfaces are clean at all times.
- Ensure correct clothing is worn including a hair net
- Ensure food expenditure is kept within budget by following the recipes and recording wastage correctly
- Co-operate fully with the statutory inspections and implement recommendation as appropriate including training by our chemical suppliers
- Ensure personal hygiene at all times
- Responsible for food variances, ensure this is reduced significantly
- To learn and understand food costing and the importance of following recipes, cost control, wastage management
- To undertake such other duties as may be determined by the Kitchen Shift Supervisor from time to time within the general scope of the post as chef
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- Hospitality Certificates
- Diploma or qualification in Food and Beverage added advantage
- Proven Bakery work experience highly desirable
3 years’ experience in a similar position in the kitchen
- Time Efficient
- Hard working
- Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, co workers, and members to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat co-workers, supervisors and members/guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behaviour
Applications close: 17 Jan 2017 FLE Standard Time