Website Caritas Czech Republic
international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development
CARITAS CZECH REPUBLIC
an international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation, currently implementing a project funded by UNHCR focusing on Urban Refugees Livelihoods is looking for a
- Support and assist the Livelihoods Officer
- Carry out day-to-day implementation of livelihoods-related activities according to project document such as organization, facilitation and follow-up, capacity building, workshops and case management of beneficiaries (extremely vulnerable households in Lusaka compounds) in the graduation approach project component
- Act as a professional mentor, providing participants expert advice on development of a roadmap, selection of a business idea or job opportunity, implementation of developed business plan, savings mechanisms, financial management, life skills, including career counselling and entrepreneurship guidance.
- Monitor each participants milestones and progress towards “graduation” through regular, systemic data collection and reporting
- Provide support and advice on business linkages including private sector engagement opportunities
- Conduct diagnostic-based group gatherings to share experience thus supporting collective learning and improving horizontal networks and linkages
- Create a comfortable space for participants to open up about any psychosocial or protection needs
- Make referrals to appropriate support systems; follow up to ensure participants are healthy, safe and able to engage in livelihoods;
- Participate in regular reporting, draw up action plans, assessments of progress, data collection, etc.
- University/college education – degree/diploma in entrepreneurship, business development, marketing, or administration
- Certificate or diploma in human resource management, career counselling, couching and mentoring
- Minimum 2 years proven experience in facilitation of entrepreneurship trainings, life skills, savings and financial literacy; knowledge of ILO SIYB and Get Ahead tools is an advantage
- Experience in couching and mentoring, case management, entrepreneurship guidance
- Minimum 1 year experience in career counselling, peer mentoring, career development or human resource management
- Demonstrated understanding of Lusaka business and employment environment
- Experience with project implementation, working with international organizations or NGOs is an advantage
- Fluent in English – written and spoken, good knowledge of Chinyanja, French is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and organizational skills
- Good computer skills – MS office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and internet
- Integrity and willingness to work and produce results in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multicultural environment in Lusaka compounds
- Good time management, commitment, team worker, innovative, reliable and hardworking, able to work under pressure
Duty station: Lusaka, Zambia
Starting date: February 2017 Position: national
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) by the 19th January, 2017 17:00 to the following email address: email@example.com or at our office. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please use the following subject in your email/post: Livelihoods Mentor – Lusaka.
For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Name, Livelihoods Mentor – curriculum vitae
Surname, Name, Livelihoods Mentor – cover letter
Caritas Czech Republic reserves the right to cancel the process at any stage.