Website Caritas Czech Republic
international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development
CARITAS CZECH REPUBLIC
an international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation, currently implementing a project funded by UNHCR focusing on Urban Refugees Livelihoods is looking for a
- Support and assist the Project Coordinator
- Ensure strategic development of livelihoods components of the urban refugee project
- Develop detailed design of livelihoods activities
- Ensure management of day-to-day implementation of livelihoods-related project activities according to project document such organization and facilitation of training, workshops and capacity building in the areas of entrepreneurship, financial literacy, savings, life skills, business development, employment promotion, vocational training, market linkages and local social and economic networks management
- Supervision, mentoring and follow-up of livelihoods mentors for graduation approach
- Cooperate with Social Services Officer on activity planning and their implementation
- Maintain necessary project administration and documentation
- Participate on regular reports, draw up action plans, assessment of progress, formulation of new project opportunities, development of project tools, guidelines, etc.
- Tertiary education – university/college degree in business, economics, business administration, marketing, social sciences (preferably in enterprise development and vocational training) or any other related subject)
- At least 3 years of practical experience with livelihoods and income generating activities, of which at least one year should be closely related to community development work, preferably in Urban areas
- Facilitation and training skills – preferably in ILO SIYB/Get Ahead trainings
- Good understanding of micro-enterprises and microfinance, vocational training and youth issues
- Experience with project implementation
- Experience working with international organizations or NGOs is an advantage
- Fluent in English – written and spoken, Chinyanga and French are an advantage
- Computer skills – MS office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and internet
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Integrity and willingness to work and produce results in a dynamic environment
- Good time management, commitment, team worker, innovative, reliable and hardworking, able to work under pressure
Duty station: Lusaka, Zambia Position: national
Starting date: February 2017
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) by the 18th January, 2017 17:00 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or at our office. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please use the following subject in your email/post: Livelihoods Officer – Lusaka.
For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Name, Livelihoods Officer – Lusaka – curriculum vitae
Surname, Name, Livelihoods Officer – Lusaka – cover letter
Caritas Czech reserves the right to cancel the process at any stage.