Website Monsanto Company
Monsanto is an agriculture company
- The Maintenance engineer will be responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery. The use of computerized systems to oversee routine maintenance and organize repairs will also be key.
- The Engineer shall also be involved in control and monitoring devices and occasionally in the manufacture of items that will help in maintenance.
- The Maintenance engineer will work closely with other key staff on site to improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall efficiency, reliability and safety of plant, personnel and production processes.
- Improving health and safety policies and procedures related to maintenance work at the site;
- Take an active role in the establishment of high levels of safety standards.
- Designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
- Schedule and carry out preventative maintenance work
- Responding to equipment faults;
- Diagnosing breakdown problems;
- Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly;
- Carrying out quality inspections on jobs;
- Liaising with other functions in Supply Chain, customers and other engineering and production colleagues to ensure alignment across Africa;
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components;
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment;
- Management of minimum stock levels for spare parts
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs;
- Working with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), which control machinery on factory assembly lines;
- Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines;
- Ensuring there is continuous back up of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns
Education & Experience & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years working experience in manufacturing or processing industry.
- Registered with the Engineering Institute of Zambia
- Good communication skills and report writing
- Fluent in English
- Computer literate
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Maintenance programs generally utilized for maintenance planning and control
- Results oriented
- Proven ability to work with cross functional teams
- The position is based in Lusaka, Zambia
- Frequent travelling may be required
- Frequent liaison with other Supply Chain functions, such as planning, Procurement, Finance and Customer Care.
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
- Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization.
- We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry.
- Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world.
- Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.