One Sight Zambia
Job Title: Manufacturing and Logistics Manager
Status: Full-time contracted position
Report to: Country Manager
Supervises: Lab Team and DC
Travel Required: As needed
General Function– The Manufacturing and Logistics Manager ensures that quality eyewear are delivered on-time for all Vision Centers. The Manufacturing and Logistics Manager is responsible for the oversight of ensuring that the supply chain delivers the right product in the right amounts, manufactures glasses to international standards, and delivers them on time. In addition, this position ensures that fitting and dispensing activities in the Vision Center are meeting expectations. The Vision Center Manager will be accountable for the following business related competencies including; drive for results, talent enhancement, coach and develop, building collaborative relationship, critical thinking, and motivate and influence.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Plans for lens, frame, accessories, and consumables required to meet the needs of forecasted vision center orders.
- Monitors inventory of frames, lenses, accessories, and consumables and places orders so that projected demand can be met.
- Plans, monitors, and orders all product and supplies for all Vision Centers.
- Provides budgets and financial reports related to supply chain costs.
- Ensures that the Lab and DC are adequately staffed, trained, and motivated.
- Ensures associate safety in the Lab, DC, and Vision Centers through audits and training.
- Monitors and care and maintenance of equipment in the Lab, DC, and Vision Centers and coordinates any required action to ensure that all equipment operates properly.
- Ensures that the lab produces product that meets international quality and cosmetic standards.
- Ensures that the lab and DC operate within budget.
- Ensures that Vision Centers follow best practices for fitting and dispensing.
- Interfaces with shipping vendors to deliver product to the Vision Centers in a timely manner.
- Partners with the Vision Center Manager to ensure that the entire process from reception to dispensing (and follow-up visits) run as smoothly as possible.
- Provide weekly upward communications to all senior project managers on deliverables.
- Holding subordinates accountable to their job description and key metrics.
- Partnering with MOH, University, and OS to maintain necessary relationships needed to deliver key metrics.
- Ensures all shipments of equipment, product, and supplies are received in country in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma with over 5 years’ experience.
Experience and Qualifications
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience with a proven track record of success in quality and productivity.
- Ability and/or experience in using computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to speak English.
- Ability to be self-motivated and high level of time-management.
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to demand forecast
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in the description.
Compensation and Allowances
- Contracted position
How to Apply