Job Title: Mine Investigator
Location: Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Security Investigations Coordinator
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Mine Investigator
Reporting to the Security Investigations Coordinator, you will be responsible to investigate breaches of Law and Barrick policies and procedures as well as recommend appropriate action/s and provide expert evidence in regard to complex on site investigations of fraud and theft related incidents. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Investigate incidents and occurrences as directed by the companies Investigation Superintendent or Security Manager
- Prepare and present investigations and enquiries to management.
- Prepare and present dockets and enquiry files for the Zambian Police Service as directed by the Investigations Superintendent
- Prepare and present enquiry files to the Lumwana Legal Department
- Call handling and initial response to reports of breaches of the company procedures or code of conduct
- Civil and Criminal Court attendance in relation to enquiries and investigations undertaken on behalf of the company
- Attend to crime scenes relevant to the company’s business in Zambia
- Investigation of white collar and syndicate crime affecting the company’s operations in Zambia.
- Compile and gather evidence
- Loading of all statements, documentation, exhibits and photographs on to PPM 2000
- Maintenance of Security incident and investigation records
To be considered for the position, the applicant must have the following qualifications, experience, skills and attributes
- Diploma in Investigations, law or any discipline in Social Sciences/Commercial field
- A minimum of at least 5 years’ work experience in a reputable organisation with a criminal investigation bias, or forensic knowledge.
- Must have an in depth knowledge and understanding of procurement and contract management principles and practice
- Able to demonstrate honesty and integrity
- Experience in the use of a recognised CMMS preferably PRONTO
- Good computer skills.
- Valid drivers licence
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.barrick.com/jobs/mine-investigator-448 →