SOCIETY FOR FAMILY HEALTH
Better Choices, Healthier Lives
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Lusaka
Society for Family Health is recruiting for a position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E). The successful candidate will provide leadership to SFH’s Department of Defense (DOD) project and Ministry of Health facilities in routine data collection, analysis and internal and external reporting as well as assist in the design and implementation of studies. The M&E Officer will work under the supervision of the RM&E Manager and will be responsible for providing oversight and direction to Regional Management Information Assistants, SFH partner organisations, M&E teams as well as program staff on M&E issues.
S/he will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Ensure data is collected and entered systematically, timely and accurately
- Validate data and conduct analyses for purposes of reporting and dissemination of the key findings to key stakeholders.
- Verify and collate reports from the regions and participate in final report writing for internal and external circulation to donors and other stakeholders as required.
- Supervise respective Management Information Assistants.
- Provide technical support to program staff and partners in Research, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (RME&R)
- Participate in National Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Working Groups (M&ETWG) and support the SFH-RM&E Department in collaborating with government agencies, implementing partners, NGOs, private sector, and other stakeholders.
- Support identification and documentation of lessons learnt, best practices and success stories.
- Participate in the development and updating of Performance Monitoring Plans and undertaking data quality audits.
- Participate in planning, designing and implementation of scheduled studies/ assessments.
- Facilitate and participate in capacity building for SFH and its partner organizations.
- Participate in the development of manuscripts and other dissemination materials for the organisation.
- Ensure continuous storage and back-up of project data.
Required Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences,
- Master’s degree and additional training in monitoring and will be added advantage
- Three (3) years’ work experience in monitoring and evaluation preferably in a non – governmental organisation.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to use MS Office package.
- Ability to work independently as well as manage various projects on a regular basis with minimal supervision.
- Data analysis skills in excel, SPSS/STATA, ATLAS Ti and NVIVO
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively in-country for work purposes.
PLEASE EMAIL APPLICATION AND CV TO: [email protected] or send to The Director – Human Resources, Society for Family Health, Plot No. 549, Ituna Road, P.O Box 50770, Lusaka. Applicants CVs should include minimum of 3 Referees with email addresses and clearly indicate, “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer” on the subject. Closing Date: 24th March 2017.