Website Agribusiness Incubation Trust Ltd
Agribusiness Incubation Trust
Agribusiness Incubation Trust (AgBIT) Limited is Zambia’s pioneer agribusiness incubator, focused on accelerating innovation and the growth of scalable enterprises in the sector. Established with the initial support of Danida through the UniBRAIN Facility, AgBIT is a unique public-private-partnership initiative bringing together the private sector, research and university community to provide the requisite environment critical to enabling the sustainable take-off and growth of agribusiness startups and SMEs.
Through its Business Incubation program, AgBIT is supporting the rapid growth of small but high-potential enterprises (SMEs) and startups in the agribusiness sector, minimizing the risk of business failure in their formative years, and encouraging more innovation.
Anchored on the strength of its unique consortium, the AgBIT incubator takes leadership in the commercialization of available agribusiness technologies, providing strong business mentorship to SMEs, linking smallholders to markets, strengthening the supply chain, and delivering quality business development services to SMEs and producers alike.
AgBIT’s business incubation goes beyond business training to providing key mentorship and client-tailored support to high-potential entrepreneurs and farmer cluster enterprises. We are therefore looking for a candidate to fill
the following position;
Monitoring and Evaluation (M &E) Officer (1)
- Develop and update M &E plans as required by the project including detailed M&E work plans and in collaboration with other technical staff and partners.
- Undertake field support visits to provide technical assistance in the implementation and strengthening of M&E systems.
- Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provide technical assistance to beneficiaries in monitoring the activities and performance of their grants, to ensure compliance with conventions and expectations, and the identification and management problems or issues that arise during implementation of the project.
- Develops or writes technical briefs, reports, or other necessary materials to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures.
- Assists with the implementation of research studies by monitoring and documenting processes.
- Conducts analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical strategy and guidelines.
- Review all performance reports and quarterly financial reports of the beneficiaries, to assess progress and achievement of objectives, recommendations for remediation if needed, and answer questions and concerns.
- Ensures project implementation adheres to company strategy and remains technically sound.
- Provides technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention for research projects.
- Provides leadership and team building at the task level.
- Ensure data is collected and entered systematically, timely and accurately.
- Provide and/or organize training and technical assistance to grantees.
- Validate data and conduct analyses for purposes of reporting and dissemination of the key findings to key stakeholders.
- Verify and collate reports from the regions and participate in final report writing for internal and external circulation to donors and other stakeholders as required.
- Work with grantees to develop monitoring plans based on the status of grant activities.
- Support identification and documentation of lessons learnt, best practices and success stories.
- Work with recipients to develop systems to track grantee activity against grant implementation and record the progress of grantees compared to performance measures of the grant.
- Participate in planning, designing and implementation of scheduled studies/ assessments.
- Participate in the development of manuscripts and other dissemination materials for the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences
- Master’s degree and additional training in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
- Three (3) years’ work experience in monitoring and evaluation preferably in a non-governmental organization.
- Experience in using and evaluating tools and techniques for data collection.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing training plans, systems of monitoring and evaluation, including performance indicators and measurable targets, and performance evaluation.
- Experience in the assessment of organizational strengths and weaknesses in the participatory development activities.
- Computer skills, including excel and Word experience developing and ensuring quality control of spreadsheets and documents.
- Working knowledge of English including reading comprehension, and fluency in one or more local languages.
To apply for this positions, send your detailed CV and Cover Letter in one document only to [email protected].zm and copied to [email protected] not later than 19th April 2017 at 17:00hrs. The email subject line must clearly show the “applicant’s name_position. Applications without the right subject heading will be automatically disqualified. Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.