Marie Stopes Zambia
Children by Choice not Chance
Marie Stopes Zambia (MSZ) is a results-focused social enterprise, which uses modern marketing techniques to provide family planning and reproductive healthcare. MSZ is part of the global network that is Marie Stopes International (MSI). MSZ subscribes to the MSI goal and mission, which is to prevent unwanted births and to ensure the individual’s right to Children by Choice not Chance.
It is a role requirement that the job holder must fully comply with, promote and live MSI CORE VALUES: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, pioneering, sustainable, people centered
Marie Stopes Zambia (MSZ) is currently engaged in creating and expanding access to reproductive health services for low income women and couples in Zambia. The outlets for its RH services include an MSZ owned static clinic, Social Franchise network and rural outreach programs. MSZ is now launching the Marie Stopes Ladies channel as one of its outlets for the delivery of RH services through networks of entrepreneurial midwives, nurses and community health extension workers as service providers.
The MS Ladies Provider is an integral part of MSZ’s MS Ladies team. She will be responsible for easily accessible, quality assured and affordable contraception services and other relevant reproductive health services among young women of reproductive age within and around selected densely populated communities. She will be responsible for achieving financial sustainability, effective management, high productivity and growth in line with MSZ’s mission.
1. Clinical Quality
- Ensure the delivery of high quality, client friendly clinical services in and around area of coverage
- Report incidents and analyse trend, while creating a no blame culture
- Build robust referral linkages for managing complications and incidences
- Ensure that findings of Clinical Quality Assessments are properly documented, actioned and learnings taken for the improvement needed
- Liaise with the Clinical and Quality Assurance Unit on all clinical issues
- Identify appropriate personal training needs in consultation with the clinical unit and MS Ladies channel lead
- Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by the channel lead
2. Income and Impact
- Provide Family Planning(especially LARC), other SRH and antenatal care services based on guidance from MSZ
- Develop strategies to increase impact and income
- Be abreast with prevailing trends and competitions as a tool in strategically positioning the channel for more profit
- Liaise with the marketing team to increase visibility of MS Ladies in assigned area to increase services and income.
- Manage payments received for services in accordance with MSZ standards and strict accountability
- Willingness to operate a rickshaw (mini-motorcycle) – training will be provided
3. Data and Reporting
- Manage medical emergencies if they occur during service delivery and follow MSZ protocols for referrals to the nearest clinic or hospital
- Report major and critical incidents to line manager immediately and compile monthly reports for all incidence classifications
- Ensure accurate disaggregation of MIS data by sex and age and other demographic definitions as required through MSZ reporting tools
- Complete timely reporting of MIS data in accordance with MSZ requirements
- Manage and report financial, clinical and service numbers as recorded within the reporting period
- Document all human-interest stories and report same on monthly and quarterly basis
- Maintain an updated database of key trainings/orientations offered or received from other partners
- Reconcile all the underlying Daily Activity Logs to the weekly report and monthly report, ensuring they have been correctly compiled
4. Performance Management & Procurement
- Develop regular work plans in collaboration with the channel lead with the objective to use resources in most efficient manner and maximise results while maintaining quality
- Analyse monthly performance in collaboration with the channel lead and develop action plan for improvement.
- Be responsible for all logistical requirements needed for all services and plan to prevent unnecessary stock outs and wastage in the service location
- Liaise with the channel lead on all regional activities.
Skills and Experience
- Must have a recognized clinical qualification in Nursing and Midwifery (Bsc Nursing,RN/RM)
- Must be registered with local clinical professional body
- Must have requisite experience to work with minimum supervision
- Must be multi-skilled with basic surgical skill
- At least 2 years post- study experience in a relevant position [ESSENTIAL]
- Experience of working in Sexual and Reproductive Health [ESSENTIAL]
- Excellent provider-client interaction skills (ESSENTIAL)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills [ESSENTIAL]
- Interest in developing independent business [ESSENTIAL]
- Work experience with Zambian Health Service and/or an NGO (DESIRABLE)
- Articulate and analytical with attention to detail (ESSENTIAL)
- Knowledge of health delivery system in Zambia (DESIRABLE)
- Able to manage basic accounting and financial management
Attitude / Attributes:
- Ability to understand as well as grasp basic client information
- Ability to cope with difficult client situations and community settings
- Should be able to analyse a client problem properly and provide logical solutions.
- Understanding of the issues surrounding provision of reproductive health care services
- Ability to ensure client empathy confidentiality at all times
Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels – government, donor and community
- Passionate about maternal health
- A self-starter – able to work with limited supervision
- Committed to professional development
- Honest, hardworking, team player and results oriented
Strong commitment to the aims and principles of Marie Stopes International
Qualified applicants should email their CVs to [email protected] clearly stating the job title in the subject line.
Due to the large number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date for applications will be 31st March 2017.