One Sight Zambia
Job Title: OneSight Zambia Operations Manager
General Function– The Operations Manager is an ambassador for OneSight’s promise of delivering premier vision care. Duties include: Inspire and lead business strategies and implement them across Zambia. Develop and nurture partnerships around Zambia and empower a supportive working environment that encourages innovation and commitment. Train and develop vision center staff to create initiatives that drive traffic to the vision centers of Zambia enabling them to achieve their sales plan and key metrics. The OneSight Operations manager will oversee Operations Coordinators and the Logistics and Hospitality Manager. The OneSight Zambia Operations Manager reports to the OneSight Zambia Country Director who reports to the Director of Africa.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Build, develop and grow strategies vital to the success of the project.
- Coach and develop all Operations Coordinators and Logistics Manager to implement strategies that will deliver all KPI targets.
- Comply with OneSight Zambia code of conduct, code of ethics, and policies and procedures manuals.
- Work within budget
- Collaborate with MOH and hospital management to select key talent to staff vision centers with appropriate manpower.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and future vision center Eye Unit staff to teach them the skills necessary to deliver all key metrics.
- Weekly upward communications to all senior project managers on deliverables.
- Working with OneSight special skills team to deliver key metrics.
- Holding subordinates accountable to their job description and key metrics; Operations Coordinators and Logistics and Hospitality Manager.
- Partnering with MoH to maintain necessary relationships needed to deliver key metrics.
- Ensure vision centers are compliant with 12 step audit.
- Ensure vision centers are compliant with inventory control and replenishment processes.
- Ensure vision centers are compliant with order entry process.
- Ensure vision center staff members are compliant with all QA processes.
- Ensure vision center staff members are compliant with all sales model behaviors ensuring all KPI metrics are achieved.
- Ensure vision center staff members are compliant with all policies, procedures, and behaviors in the Operations Manual.
- Take ownership and accountability on all OneSight supplied equipment.
- Ensure proper Marketing Strategies are in place to drive traffic to the vision centers.
- Transfer skills to in-country Hospital Staff and RBC to ensure transition of duties after the MoU ends.
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- 5+ years or more in for profit business management with a proven track record of delivering results.
- Retail based business experience
- Fluent in English and 2 Zambian languages
- Efficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, Word, PPT, Excel
- High competency in communication
- Presenting to a large audience
- Articulate and concise
- High level of time management
- Able to be self driven and independent
- Work in INGO field a plus
- Track record of coaching and developing direct reports to the next level
- Able to recruit and interview top level talent
- Previous Retail Optical work a plus
Travel and Office
- Travel 50% of time
- Company transportation provided
How to Apply