Website Expanded Church Response
Expanded Church Response (ECR)
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Expanded Church Response (ECR) is a faith-based organization implementing OVC, GBV, HIV/AIDS, and other programs to mitigate human suffering and bring transformational development.
ECR has implemented programs funded by USAID, European Union, UNICEF, and Global Fund either directly or through a range of highly regarded local and international organizations. Working with partners like these, the private sector, and government, we are seeing communities awakened to new ways to improve quality of life for the most vulnerable, and rise up to be the key to their own transformation.
ECR is seeking a qualified, highly motivated and innovative candidates with a passion for the vulnerable and awakening potential in others, to fill in the following position below.
JOB TITLE: Operations Manager
JOB PURPOSE: To oversee logistics, vehicles, assets, stores, communications, procurement and security and for ensuring effective, smooth, efficient operations. The Operations Manger will also be responsible over identifying areas of improvement and constantly devise better and efficient ways/systems of working in administrative, procurement and logistics processes and ensure implementation of improved, efficient and more cost effective processes, systems and procedures.
REPORTING LINES: Post-holder reports to: Finance & Operations Director;
Staff reporting to this post: Procurement & Logistics Officer, IT Officer, Administrative Assistants
- Procurement & Supply: Oversee all procurement related tasks for ECR secretariat and district offices; implement procurement as per approved guidelines, procedures and forms (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders/contracts, Goods Received Notes, etc.); Prepare monthly summary reports on the procurement and logistics support functions, identifying problems in operations and solutions proposed
- Asset & Stock Management: Ensure stock management control at the secretariat and at district offices through the implementation and maintenance of standard guidelines, procedures and forms (Bin Cards, Stock Records, Delivery Notes, etc.) and supervise stock levels
- Transport & Fleet Management: Maintain the fleet in safe and efficient working order and in accordance with the organization policies and regulations
- Security Management: Ensure safety and security at secretariat and in the district offices and Ensure practical and effective security guidelines are in place in line with ECR policy, and that these are regularly reviewed according to current circumstances.
- Logistic administrative and personnel management duties: Maintain all operations files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner; Line manage Administrative Assistant staff and supervise all administrative, procurement and logistics staff
- Oversee IT issues: Oversee the IT function to ensure smooth and efficient running of the function
- Other Administrative issues: Review all Administrative, procurement and logistics requests and ensure complete and accurate documentation is attached to requests, Track utility bills payments and ensure the bills are timely settled, design a tracking system for requisitions to avoid loss of documents and ensure timely processing of requisitions
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- At least a Degree in related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ related experience at a senior level
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills
- Good computer literacy (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bright and ability to manage competing tasks
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as an effective member of the Team
- Ability to communicate effectively in English orally and in writing
All Applications including updated CVs and academic / professional qualification should be sent to [email protected];
Or via Post using the Postal Address; P.O 34691, House Number 3, Lagos Road, Rhodespark, Lusaka
Closing date is 20th January 2017 at 17:00 hrs.