Right to Care
Right to Care has the following vacancy and encourages suitably qualified candidates to apply.
Position: Pharmacist – Pharmaceutical Services – EQUIP
Reporting to: Supply Chain Manager – EQUIP
Main Purpose of the Job: Provision of efficient pharmaceutical services under the supervision of a Supply Chain Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- HIV management, ART and Essential Medicines Logistics management course
- Record of continuous professional development in pharmacy related topics
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of Zambia
- 5 years’ experience post qualification as a Post Basic Pharmacist
- Previous public sector experience preferably within HIV/AIDS field
Key Performance Areas amongst others include:
Medicine Supply Management:
- Conduct ongoing assessments and situational analysis to identify gaps within the National supply chain system
- Develop quality improvement plans (QIPs) for identified gaps
- Implement strategies to effectively manage stock and ensure quality and safety of pharmaceutical products in the clinics
- Ensure compliance with good pharmacy practices and good dispensing practices
- Support implementation of alternative access to chronic medicines (e.g. Adherence clubs, CCMDD/CDU and Community groups)
- Assist facilities with stock rotation and re-distribution
- Ensure medicine safety systems and pharmacovigilance is implemented at facility and sub-district level
- Ensure availability of provincial primary health care (PHC) pharmacy standard operating procedures (SOPs), Standard Treatment Guidelines (STGs) and Essential Medicines List (EML) in all facilities
- Assist facilities with stock take procedures as outlined in the SOP
- Perform site supervisory visits
Record and Data Management:
- Ensure that all supported clinics have stock cards and files for managing stock
- Ensure that stock cards are kept up to date and maintained
- Support implementation and functionality of electronic stock management systems used in the district
- Ensure that facilities are reporting medicine availability as required on SVS
- Assist the facilities to maintain data and ensure accurate reporting
- Ensure that all purchase orders, invoices, discrepancy reports and goods received vouchers (GRVs) are kept in a file per SOPs
Continued Professional Development:
- In-service training of health care workers on pharmacy related topics
- Mentoring, coaching and guiding facility staff on pharmaceutical issues
- Keep abreast with developments in the pharmaceutical field and health in general
- Stakeholder engagements and meetings e.g. MoH ZAMRA, Partners etc.
- Compile monthly statistics and reports and forward to relevant persons
- Overall Pharmacy staff management and support
- Plan, organize and approve leave of junior staff
- Ensure monthly and weekly task allocation of Pharmacy staff
- Performance appraisals for staff.
- Continued evaluation and monitoring of Pharmacy systems i.e. waiting times, prescription errors etc.
- Perform ongoing assessments for measuring impact of interventions and outcomes thereof for continuous self-improvement
Technical skills and behavioral competencies:
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Counselling skills
- Team player
- Basic numeracy skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good command of local language
- Computer literate: MS Office
- Good understanding of Medicines and Related Substances Legislation
Interested applicants must submit their CV, Qualifications, ID Copy, letter of motivation and 3 professional references, stating full name of referee, relationship, email address and contact telephone numbers by: 17 March 2017.
This also confirms that by applying for the above-mentioned position you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, Criminal and Reference checks which is part of our recruitment process.
Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful, we nonetheless want to thank you for your interest shown in our organization. Right to Care web-site: www.righttocare.org
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.devex.com/jobs/pharmacist-pharmaceutical-services-equip-478157 →