Right to Care
Right to Care has the following vacancy and encourages suitably qualified candidates to apply.
Position: Pharmacy Technologist – EQUIP
Reporting to: Supply Chain Manager – EQUIP
Main Purpose of the Job: To provide pharmaceutical services within RTC – EQUIP supported sites.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of Zambia
- HIV Treatment & Care, ART and Essential Medicines Logistics management course
- 3 – 5 years’ post Community Service
- Previous public sector experience preferably within HIV/AIDS field
Key Performance Areas amongst others include:
- Issuing medicines to patients, furnishing information and advice to patients with regard to the use of medicines.
- Counselling patients on the proper use of drugs they are taking.
- Determining patient compliance with the therapy and follow up to ensure that patient’s medicine related needs are being met
- Evaluating patient’s medicine related needs by determining the indications, safety and effectiveness of therapy.
- Document medication errors and interventions made during dispensing.
- On-going adherence monitoring of patients.
- Involvement in Pharmacovigilance activities
- Clinical Pharmacy to ensure efficacy, safety and continued access to ARVs for inpatients.
- Ensure continuous supply of medication for patients accessing care from pharmacy and areas that we support
- Facilitate multidisciplinary team approach to patient care
Supply Chain Management:
- To provide TA on stock inventory at EQUIP supported districts and health facilities i.e. FIFO\FEFO,Cold Chain, Reports and Requisitions
- Ensure Good Pharmacy Practice and use SOPs at all EQUIP supported facilities
- Design and implement effective and efficient stock control measures and protocols
- Ongoing monitoring of the stock master database of the dispensing software to ensure correct database.
Continued Professional Development:
- Attend courses and training workshops that might be organized from time to time
- Provide training to other Health Professionals regarding pharmacy related issues
- Train and Tutor Pharmacist Assistant learners registered with the Pharmacy Council for training.
- Supervise Pharmacist Assistants working in the Pharmacy
- Being part of a multi-disciplinary team within the clinic\hospital
- Identify training needs for staff
- Implement a training schedule in line with the needs of the pharmacy
- Develop and Implement SOPs’
- Ensure adherence to guidelines and with SOP’s
- Attend clinic meetings and report on pharmacy issues and support clinic efforts to improve patient care
CCMDU & MMS Support Activity:
- Support pharmacy automation to improve efficiency
- Report Interface, TE and the dispensing system issues as they occur and keep a log thereof
- Ensure automated dispensing unit (ADU) loading is facilitated and takes place as per schedule
- Ensure use of correct ISS for ADU loading as well as ensuring minimum stockholding is maintained
- Ensure maintenance of ATC database for TE interface
- Ensure that all the system related issues (i.e. dispensing system and ADU) are solved promptly.
- Support all Pharmaceutical Services activities in EQUIP offices and EQUIP supported sites
- Stakeholder engagements and meetings e.g. MoH ZAMRA, Partners etc.
- Compile monthly statistics and reports and forward to relevant persons
- Overall Pharmacy staff management and support
- Plan, organize and approve leave of junior staff
- Ensure monthly and weekly task allocation of Pharmacy staff
- Continued evaluation and monitoring of Pharmacy systems i.e. waiting times, prescription errors etc.
- Perform ongoing assessments for measuring impact of interventions and outcomes thereof for continuous self-improvement
Technical skills and behavioral competencies:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to pay attention to detail
- Good planning, organizing and decision making skills
- Able to work within the framework of a team
- Computer literate: MS Office
- Good understanding of Medicines and Related Substances Legislation
Interested applicants must submit their CV, Qualifications, ID Copy, letter of motivation and 3 professional references, stating full name of referee, relationship, email address and contact telephone numbers by: 17 March 2017.
This also confirms that by applying for the above mentioned position you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, Criminal and Reference checks which is part of our recruitment process.
Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful, we nonetheless want to thank you for your interest shown in our organization. Right to Care web-site: www.righttocare.org
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.devex.com/jobs/pharmacy-technologist-equip-478158 →