MECB Consulting Limited
Short Term Consultancy
Terms of Reference for Facilitation of WASHE Stakeholder Workshop in Lusaka on 7 April 2017
MECB Consulting Limited has been awarded a two year grant by The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland/Civil Society Environment Fund (CSEF) 2 to implement the “Strengthening the Capacity and Policy influence of Water and Sanitation Apex CSOs to improve and preserve the quality of groundwater in peri-urban areas of Lusaka district”.
The primary aim of the project is to enhance the capacity of WASHE Apex CSO’s to conduct on-site water quality tests and interpret laboratory water quality test results, engage in evidence based policy advocacy and dialogue on groundwater quality issues and promote sustainable groundwater management approaches in Lusaka Urban District.
MECB Consulting Limited is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Workshop Facilitator to provide consultancy services outlined below;
TENTATIVE ASSIGNMENT DATES: 7th April, 2017 (workshop) plus preparatory half-day in advance and 2 report writing days afterward.
DETAILS OF THE TASK
The consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- With consultation from MECB Consulting Limited Technical Team , design and document an appropriate
- Lead and provide expert input on specific workshop sessions in either the domains of knowledge management/communities of practice.
- In consultation with the Project Technical Team, participate in the design, preparation including venue preparation and set-up, breakout meetings and focus group discussions, etc.
- To facilitate the drafting of the agenda/program of events with Project Technical Team to ensure the accomplishment of the overall objectives.
- To support and advise presenters/discussants on how to maximize active engagement of the group in discussion, raising issues, making recommendations and drawing conclusions.
- To continuously gauge and solicit feedback from participants formally and informally.
- To assist in detailed feedback and edits draft report on the workshop, including lesson learnt and outputs.
The expected output
- To programme for a 1 day WASHE Sector Stakeholders workshop based on participatory methodology
- To provide detailed guidelines to session leads/discussants for their inputs to the workshop programme, as well as general guidelines for all participants.
- Successful facilitation of the workshop.
- Technical advice and support to participants during the workshop
- Detailed feedback on the whole workshop final report
Competences and experience
The consultant should have more than five years’ experience in facilitating similar workshops/ engagements in Zambia. The successful consultant should have excellent soft skills including;
- 5-7 years relevant work experience with NGOs;
- Highly motivated and experienced in coordinating and planning similar events
- Applicants must be confident, persuasive, and able to communicate very well in English
- Excellent administration, organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent team work and participatory process skills;
Application Deadline: Interested and suitably qualified candidates should email their applications, updated curriculum vitae indicating their relevant qualifications, skills and experience no later than 16:00PM on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 to e-mail address:- [email protected] or [email protected] and/or by hand to the MECB Consulting Limited Office at Plot No. 13, Sianjalika Road, Woodlands, Lusaka.
Financial proposals should be submitted as a separate document which includes a proposed lump sum for carrying out the scope of work above.
The e-mail subject line should be marked: “Short Term Consultancy for Workshop Facilitator”