Website Caritas Czech Republic
An international NGO active in development cooperation
CARITAS CZECH REPUBLIC
an international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation, currently implementing a project funded by UNHCR focusing on Urban Refugees Livelihoods is looking for a
SOCIAL SERVICES OFFICER
- Support and assist the Project Coordinator
- Ensure strategic development of social components of the urban refugee project
- Develop detailed design of social-services related activities
- Ensure management of day-to-day implementation of social-related project activities according to project document such as identification and targeting of vulnerables, subsistence support, education support, development of outreach centres, adult literacy classes, development of referral system, community support networks engagement and development, legal and psychosocial counselling, youth and child friendly corners etc.
- Supervision, mentoring and follow-up of social counsellor and outreach volunteers
- Cooperate with Livelihoods Officer on activity planning and their implementation
- Maintain necessary project administration and documentation
- Participate on regular reports, draw up action plans, assessment of progress, formulation of new project opportunities, development of project tools, guidelines, etc.
- Tertiary education – university/college degree in Social Work, Urban Studies, Public Administration or any other related field
- At least 3 years of practical experience with social work, of which at least one year should be closely related to community development work in urban areas, preferably with refugees
- Facilitation and training skills – life skills, adult literacy, self-help groups development
- Good understanding of community driven approaches, outreach service provision mechanisms, and youth issues
- Experience with project implementation
- Experience working with international organizations or NGOs is an advantage
- Fluent in English – written and spoken, Chinyanga and French are an advantage
- Computer skills – MS office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and internet
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Integrity and willingness to work and produce results in a dynamic environment
- Good time management, commitment, team worker, innovative, reliable and hardworking, able to work under pressure
Duty station: Lusaka, Zambia
Starting date: Immediately
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) by the 17th March, 2017 17:00 to the following email address: [email protected] or at our office at the Refugee Transit Centre in Makeni, Lusaka. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please use the following subject in your email/post: Social Services Officer – Lusaka.
For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Name, Social Services Officer – curriculum vitae
Surname, Name, Social Services Officer – cover letter
Caritas Czech Republic reserves the right to cancel the process at any stage.