Your One Stop HR Business Provider
Our client in the aviation sector are looking for two (02) experienced Zambian Sous Chefs to be based in LUSAKA, ZAMBIA. Below is the detailed job description;
The Sous Chef will be responsible for the proper and timely preparation of meals including, but not limited to, food service (garnishing and presentation), food safety and supervision of kitchen staff. He will also be expected to estimate food requirements, participate in food preparation and handle specialty foods/dishes for clients with food allergies or intolerances.
- Prepare high quality, nutritious meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks) according to client scheduling and within the menu plan and budget guidelines of the company.
- Manage Kitchen Staff in food preparation.
- Prepare and send food orders to the purchasing department.
- Ensure CCP controls (cooking and chilling) are monitored accurately and records are filled accordingly
- Ensure Blast chiller and holding fridge are in good working conditions at all times and advise Maintenance in case of any faults
- Follow the HSE Policy, Quality and Food Safety Policy and meet the requirements of the organization’s Integrated Management System
- Make recommendations for continual improvement and support improvement initiatives the company undertakes.
- Keep a tight control of your daily cost, cost per meal and stocks.
- Manage, train and develop the local team.
- Supervise the other kitchen staff in absence of the head chef.
- Assist the Executive Chef in menu planning activities, Food presentation and follow the production Schedule.
- Ensure on-time meals delivery and complying with specifications as menu of the day, presentation and food safety.
- Supervise the Kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Must oversee the cleanliness of the kitchen premises (drains and dustbins)
Qualifications and Experience
- Full form V/ Grade 12 certificate
Must possess a Diploma in any of the following fields; Food Production/ Culinary / Hotel Management / Food Service Management or related field
- Must have adequate experience of international specialities
- Must have good knowledge of emergency first aid
- Flexible attitude and a good team player
- At least a minimum of 4 years + in kitchen experience in similar position at local or at an international level
- QHSE awareness and focus
- Proficient in computer programs (word, excel, email) for easy stock taking, record keeping and email purchase requests.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of INFLIGHT CATERING will be an added advantage
- English fluent, knowledge of another language will be a plus according to the job location.
SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND DETAILED CV TO: [email protected]
YOU CAN ALSO DROP-OFF HARD COPIES AT OUR OFFICES LOCATED ON PLOT 5984, PASELI ROAD-OFF MANCHINCHI ROAD, NORTHMEAD -LUSAKA