Position: Agriculture Specialist – ANEW Project (1)
Application Deadline Date: 24-Mar-17
Purpose of the position
To provide technical support for the execution of Agriculture and Natural Resources Management (ANRM) within the Sustainable Enterprise and Economic Development (SEED) Technical Programme (TP) interventions to deliver set Programme outcomes.
Technical Programme Support
- Support the development, selection and/or adoption of guidelines, tools, models and protocols to aid Business and Market Development (B&MD) within the SEED technical programme implementation
- Provide technical support to Area Programmes (APs) in the B&MD to ensure that targeted communities have increased access to market and financial services
- Support in the design and implementation review of B&MD within the SEED technical program interventions
- Assess and support AP quality activity implementation to ensure that the programme is within scope, time and budget.
- Ensure that the information, education and communication (IEC) materials are in place for effective implementation.
- Ensure recommended B&MD program models are contextualized for effective implementation in the areas Area Programme
- Facilitate B&MD related Training of Trainers (TOT) of partners, WVZ technical program staff, other stakeholders to ensure effective implementation
- Support staff orientation and participate in building capacity of technical staff through coaching and mentoring for increased/enhanced competency
- Provide input in performance appraisal of AP technical programme staff for increased accountability
Networking, Collaboration and Liaison
- Represent WVZL in various key meetings including B&MD Technical Working Group (TWG) for alignment to National priorities.
- Build and maintain technical relationship with internal and external partners/stakeholders for enhanced collaboration and sustainability
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- Support research/Studies on B&MD related topics and produce technical briefs for sharing with key stakeholders.
- Participate and review data collection tools in conducting research/studies to generate lessons learnt for programme improvement.
- Utilize and adapt learning from monitoring and evaluation processes to inform programming.
- Consolidate and review monthly, quarterly and annual reports for timely submission.
- Ensure all emerging industry technical standards are captured, documented and shared across Aps
- Mature and Committed Christian, able to inspire others to World Vision Core Values, Vision and Mission Statement.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications/ Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Degree in Agriculture Sciences, Agribusiness, Enterprise Development, Business Management with minimum of 5 years’ experience in the relevant field
- Master’s Degree Agriculture Sciences, Agribusiness, Enterprise Development, Business Management or its equivalent is an added advantage with minimum 2 years’ experience
- Experience in Program Management in a complex, international organization preferably NGO context
- Must have experience in value chain design and development processes, rural financing mechanisms, market dynamics especially in rural agro based set ups with an enterprise development lens.
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage,
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and report writing essential
- Must have excellent communications, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, conflict management, negotiation, networking, liaison and donor engagement skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based 40% : field 60%
- Travel: international as required.