Technical Advisor – Electrical/Mechanical
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Truck Superintendent
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Technical Advisor – Electrical/Mechanical.
Reporting to the Truck Superintendent, with a high focus on safety, your role will be to improve the reliability and availability of the truck fleet by assessing the maintenance plan and team effectiveness.
- Maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness. Promote and comply with the LMC Occupational Health & Safety Policy.
- Assist in monitoring and report on the condition of equipment.
- Carry out routine and statutory inspections.
- Assist to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Assist to measure and report overall maintenance performance
- Actively promote full cooperation between the maintenance and mining operation.
- Assist to prepare and control cost budgets for mobile maintenance teams.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the maintenance processes and systems.
- Cooperate with the maintenance planners regarding input schedules and accurate information.
- Ensure the development of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function.
- Accountable for completion of all tasks identified in the MOS Elements to the specified quality and timelines as assigned to this role
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering.
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia
- Minimum 10 years experience in Heavy Earthmoving Equipment maintenance.
- Experience in large multi pit operations utilising large scale mining equipment.
- Competent in incident/accident investigation
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
- Must have a Valid driver’s licence
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.