Job Title: Technical Advisor
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
The Better Immunization Data (BID) Initiative’s strategy is based on the premise that better data, plus better decisions, will lead to better health outcomes. Its vision is to empower countries to enhance immunization and overall health service delivery through improved data collection, quality, and use. The BID Initiative will shine a light on the challenges surrounding data collection, quality, and use, and identify practical, country-owned, country-led solutions in immunization that could spread to other health interventions. The Initiative will partner with countries and global health stakeholders to develop and deploy a holistic and scalable approach that focuses on information system products, data management policies, and the practices of people that use them in order to enable evidence-based decision making. These components will be packaged into a replicable solution that can be easily and cost-effectively adapted by additional countries interested in using it to improve their immunization management. If successful, a true tipping point will occur—one in which countries can access, analyze, and act upon accurate immunization data—anytime, anywhere, resulting in improved immunization outcomes.
PATH seeks to recruit a BID Initiative Technical Advisor who will be based in Lusaka Zambia. S/he will play a critical role for the BID Initiative launch in Sub-Sahara Africa. The duration of this position is 18 months.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Create key templates and systems to be used in both Zambia and Tanzania related to user-centered design, plans to test and iterate on product development, change management frameworks, and documentation of observations and lessons learned.
- Providing key technical support to BID Zambia and Tanzania teams to ensure they understand and are able to follow best practices regarding:
- Project management
- User centered design
- Documentation of design and modifications of all interventions
- Test plan development and testing processes
- Change management frameworks/methodologies and interventions
- Monitor software development processes in Zambia and Tanzania using the agile methodology, including the setup of processes and systems to monitor and guide activities (such as dashboards, basic reports, etc.) and developing templates for reporting to a wide variety of stakeholders at the local and global levels.
- Provide mentorship and guidance, including field support, to gather and document systems requirements using the Collaborative Requirements Development Methodology (CRDM) and other similar methodologies such as workflow mapping or UML standard methodologies for obtaining and documenting user requirements.
- Work with project teams in both countries to identify and address national level infrastructure and IT structures and processes that must be in place to maintain national level systems related to the work of the BID Initiative. These may include such things as supporting policies, help desk SOPs and upgrade planning for national systems.
- Help identify a plan for assisting the governments of Zambia and Tanzania to implement required systems and processes, either developed or identified by the BID Initiative work.
- Collaborate with the BID Learning Network Director to help identify ways to build, encourage, and support a virtual community around several of the key practices and sets of interventions developed by the BID Initiative teams.
- Experience with implementing broad changes to clinical processes and supporting users through the process.
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and ability to appropriately prioritize competing tasks.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Able to work in a cross cultural environment
- Enthusiasm, energy, good judgment and humor
- Effective time management and able to work under time pressures.
Masters Degree in public health or public policy/administration, plus a minimum of seven to ten years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience,experience with large scale national Health implementation in Africa required, experience with primary health service delivery in a variety of urban and rural environments, experience working in sub-Sahara Africa, across multiple countries or in a regional capacity. Immunization-related terminology and concepts knowledge preferred, experience in an international organization or in a multicultural environment, preferably with a health or development focus, is desirable.
You must currently have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert when applying for this role.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://path.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=300581&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=1012645&company_id=15780&version=1&byBusinessUnit=NULL&bycountry=1&bystate=0&byRegion=&bylocation=ZM&keywords=&byCat=&proximityCountry=&postalCode=&radiusDistance=&isKilometers=&tosearch=yes →