With subsidiaries in more than 21 African countries, BIA’s operations are in the Sales and After-sales services of equipment for mines, quarries, public works, recycling, handling and power generation in West and Central Africa. BIA is able to offer a wide range of equipment and accessories from well-known manufacturers such as Komatsu, Sandvik, Bomag, Cummins and Yale.
BIA Zambia is currently looking for a Warehouse Supervisor for its operations to be based in Kalumbila reporting to the Supply Chain Manager.
1. Achievement of Parts Turnover (include maintenance of stock levels):
- Drive achievement of financial targets through the Performance Agreements of collaborators
- Monitor and follow-up with customers on timeous return of REMAN Cores
- Manage multiple Consignment stocks
- Manage MRP-Orders for replenishment of contractual stock
- Develop and maintain formulas to measure customer satisfaction with parts supply, and at the same time being able to manage the cost of this support.
- Identify and take steps to rectify any existing or potential problem areas.
- Ensuring that correct invoicing is done and PODs obtained from Customers
- Continually strive to achieve higher performance levels with lowest cost structure
- Ensure that Parts and Components are delivered timeously and within budget.
- Manage customer backorder report and communication
2. Effective Management of Internal Procedures, Processes and Policies:
- Ensuring that Team adhere to Parts Procedures and Processes as set out in the Standard Operating Procedure for Bia Zambia.
- Ensure consistent compliance to company policies and procedures, corporate governance and relevant legislation.
3. Achievement of a Team Environment that Enables Maximum Productivity and Profitability
- Ensure adequate staffing and action accordingly.
- Ensure the provision of a safe working environment as per HSE policy.
- Monitor implementation of training needs as per development action plans.
- Ensure individual and team Performance Management Processes are in place.
- Ensure bi-annual performance reviews take place.
- With direct reports, identify poor performance and take corrective action
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and activities and demonstrate effective self-management.
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Support and drive the business’ core values.
- Manage colleagues’ and clients’ expectations and communicate appropriately.
- Inform relevant parties in the event of tasks or deadlines not met and provide appropriate resolution.
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent by experience
- 5 years’ experience in similar position
- Good knowledge of Incoterms
- Sound inventory management skills.
- Supply chain management knowledge.
- Sound SAP knowledge and skills.
- Track record in leading/managing people in team based & participative environment.
- Sound knowledge of REMAN and CORE management processes
- Ability to identify Parts and Component part numbers from online OEM Parts books
- Ability to carry out Physical Inventories using ERPs such as SAP, Ms-Dynamics, Pronto etc
- Knowledge of inventory valuation processes
- Sound MS Office knowledge.
- Vendor management.
- Ability to Manage Multiple Consignment stocks
- Basic knowledge of Bonded warehousing and customs regulations and procedures
- Concern for accuracy and quality
- Analytical Thinking
- Customer focus
- Developing and coaching others
- Initiative and proactivity
- Conceptual Thinking
- Commercial Acumen
Send applications by 30 April 2017.
Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://ldd.tbe.taleo.net/ldd03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=BIAGROU&cws=43&rid=4309 →