Careers in Law
Legal professionals provide confidential and expert advice. They present arguments, draft documents, conduct negotiations and may become involved in court proceedings on behalf of their clients.
- Legal Assistant/Executive
What skills do you need to work in Law?
- Research and analysis
- Ability to review large amounts of information
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to communicate in technical and non-technical terminology
Where do individuals work in Law?
Legal professionals are employed by individuals, companies, government and non-governmental organisations. They can choose from a wide range of career paths with scope for further specialisation: Private Practice, Commerce and Industry, Local and Central Government and Court Services.
Typical work activities
- Providing expert guidance and advice
- Drafting letters
- Attending meetings and negotiations
- Drawing up contracts
- Researching and analysing legal and non-legal information
- Attending court hearings
- Taking witness statements
Find out more
- The Law Society – Legal Careers Guide
- Law Association of Zambia
- Zambia Institute of Advanced Legal Education
- Free Course – Introduction to Law
Watch & Listen